Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Soldato
Ah I see, sounds quite good.

Although tbh I would have preferred it to have been done the way I thought it was originally being done as that will be the first thing that everyone does as soon as the game starts! :p

Would have had more of an effect once the tickets are cut down by half for conquest.

No doubt in the opening weeks/months of the game rushing the levolution destruction just to see all the spangly shiney 'splosions will be most peoples priority.

But Siege of Shanghai's skyscraper makes for interesting choices; in the alpha without levolution enabled whichever team held 'C' (up the skyscraper) would end up clustering up there leaving the other 4 points free to capture pretty much... so not destroying it if you don't hold it might be a solid option... however it gives the gunship and ease of access via parachute to other points. It also blankets the map in dust making it a bit harder air and long range weapons.

So I'd like to say you would have to call it based upon who held it / whether they were making good use of it or whether they were dominating the air game or whatever, but no doubt some derp in a tank will always take it down regardless :p

just a scripted thing like the ariel tower on caspain border

um... something that happens 100% of the time as the round ends on just one map in BF3 and has zero impact on the game .vs. something that is down to player choice, is present on all maps and alters the gameplay on those maps. Yeah it's just like the tower on caspain border >.>

Last edited:
Caporegime
but no doubt some derp in a tank will always take it down regardless :p

Exactly! :p

there will always be one!

But yes, all of that regarding the building does sound superb!

Hmmm Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe for £54.99 seems very steep imo. When I got BF3 with the beta access it wasn't so high priced.

I can't remember exactly what I paid for BF 3 but it was definitely cheaper than £35 (included b2k too) and my bro got it a few months after me (before it came out) but with the extra skins for a bit cheaper from amazon.

I am definitely waiting till the price drops a bit and will probably just buy the base game only since I will most likely get premium sometime in the future when it is cheaper than <£30

Associate
Can pre-order anytime from now.

Still debating whether to do it, will probably wait until I've tried out the beta (just appearing in Origin today for me).

Need to see what Premium brings to determine whether to get the DDE or not, it probably isn't worth it if you are getting Premium but I still need to think about it.

Everything I've seen so far though its extremely likely I'll pre-order it but probably 1-3 weeks before release date.

Caporegime
LVLCAP has done a great video:

I really just hope this game stays the same as what we have seen and been told so far as it looks/sounds absolutely incredible.

Best of all.........imagining that this is what battlefront will be like :cool:

Hopefully DICE and other places will give out a few beta keys.

Associate
Just got the Beta pop up in my Library.:)

Don't know if I will buy it straight away, this time round might leave it a few weeks. Let them get the bugs out and see if it goes up for sale.

Soldato
Just got the Beta pop up in my Library.:)

Don't know if I will buy it straight away, this time round might leave it a few weeks. Let them get the bugs out and see if it goes up for sale.

Bugs out and dice?
never will happen still havent fixed the BF2 bugs after 5 years

Associate
I don't want to see lazy copy and pasted maps from BF3 (Metro crap again) in Premium, I would rather a BF2 Chinese map pack - Dragon Valley, FuShe Pass, Daqing Oilfields and Great Wall.

One can only dream, unfortunately these open maps don't fit this franchise anymore, with the exception of Great Wall.

Last edited:
Caporegime
TBH, I am kind of curious to see how metro etc. have been "evolved" if at all. Metro had the potential to be a superb map but certain areas of design were just so bad. The "levolution" could be used in a great way too.

Associate
Battlefield 4 Premium Pre-order

Okay guys... Noob question alert...

so the past couple days, dice has been releasing a load of stuff about bf4 and its premium service and this is what i found...

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield-4/buy/premium-pc

could someone clarify for me? is this just the membership? do i need the standard edition of the game for this to work? or does this come with the original game and its premium goodies? (maybe unlikely because of the price but oh well :p)

like i said... nooby question hehe :D

Associate
You need the original first, and then the premium edition. Check out the the battlefield 4 thread. Its pretty much the discussed topic of late.

Back
Top Bottom