Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Permabanned
it isn't arma either and not a sim .

the slow animations often get you killed in this game.

It's nothing like ARMA though and it's not trying to be a sim, some realism is nice, instead of just bunny hopping over walls and reloading blindfolded like on COD.

Deluxe also has the premium included also £55 from origin

Stop giving out wrong information.

Soldato
Exactly, encourages people not to just go charging around the map like Rambo.

Bf series tends to be more tactical/strategic than to run around like headless chickens or camping some tower.
Bf2 had value to me due to that was a great factor all gone with Bf3 sadly.

BF4 as far seems to be fun in gameplay again.
6 weeks to beta.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Rushed? the game is not even out so can't make a judgement on that. BF3 we can though and that was and still is is 50% of the game it should have been on PC.

Well it looks like BF3 with bigger physics. 2 year development time is pretty quick nowadays, similar to COD.

For me that's a good thing as I enjoy BF3, but I know people liked to get worked up on these forums so it might not make everyone happy.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm fed up seeing that building fall at this point, their face book page has been whoring out pics of that from slightly different angles for ages now. The rest looks interesting, wonder if the flooding map is a remake of Kubra Dam?

Looks like an overgrown Caspian border as well at one point.

Ah Kubra Dam, I used to love helicoptering around that map, over the damn, back through the tunnels. Ah those were the days when helis used to handle properly in BF.

Caporegime
Yeah I like the interaction with stuff on the maps like locking scrubs in a train carriage with a nade or flooding the streets, bringing a new twist to the gameplay.

Genuinely looks like they are making an effort with BF4, something that never seemed apparent with BF3, then again that game was clearly rushed to market.

We all joked this is battlefield 3.5

Bf4 is what BF3 should have been from the off. It's not hard to get a game right when you just add stuff to your previous game and update it and correct your mistakes.

There was a good base in BF3.... They just built up on that

Caporegime
Ah Kubra Dam, I used to love helicoptering around that map, over the damn, back through the tunnels. Ah those were the days when helis used to handle properly in BF.

OMG i used to love that part with choppers :)

Yup, the heli's in BF3 took time to adjust to, they never had much weight or feel to them and they felt floaty when you first started to use them, plus being on stabilisers limited their manoeuvrability. BF2 had much better controls set up for them. Even the choppers in BC2 id say had more of a feel to them. :)

Caporegime
Levolution looks superb :cool: Looks like a real game changer for FPS.

I just hope it is implemented throughout the maps rather than just 1-2 areas i.e. like BF 3 destruction, only a few buildings can be destroyed and only a few walls where as part of the same wall on say metro, seine and bazaar can't be destroyed and many other things like indestructible trees, poles etc.

The one thing I really want to see in this game is some form of an out of bounds to prevent people camping on inaccessible building rooftops, this has ruined many maps i.e. markiz monolith

but above all else, proper team balance, I just can't put up with it any more in bf 3 on rush and conquest, it has reduced me to only play on team death match, squad death match etc. now :o

+1 to the choppers, I can fly them well enough but they just felt like they had no weight to them. BC 2 choppers felt much better to fly imo.

Back
Top Bottom