Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
So true, I could get 2-3 rocket pod barrages before hitting my afterburners. I think they should have made tanks allot stronger against jets. Then again, Jets did require a higher skill ceiling than allot of other vehicles which I why I enjoyed using them. Come up against a pro dog fighter and you were done. It did however get easier once the pros start releasing videos teaching others how to break turn properly.

I think mixing and matching jets on maps would have been a better solution, keep the fighter jet primarily air to air combat and have A-10 and the Frogfoot for the ground targets. Instead of having just 1 or the other map depending.

Remains to see how things will be in BF4 for aircraft, cant be much worse than it was in BF3.

Soldato
you should be able to kill jets the same way you kill tanks etc..
fast and easy.
no idea why dice pretty much have no clue about jets and airplay
one reason I dont play maps with air on it due to them suxor in design

Associate
Anything is better than BF3 aircraft, I'm sure. I also really hated how they could fly next to you, fire a missile while they pass and you die cause lolflares. Often died to that in the helicopter.

I also hope some maps get a little more balanced. It might just be me, but I find Grand Bazaar (Rush) and Seine Crossing (Rush) to be fairly unbalanced... especially Grand Bazaar when they get a tank and you get like, 1 rocket turret. Again, that might just be me and my luck though.

Caporegime
I don't find bazaar too bad for design/balance.

Seine is pretty poor, first base for B is quite hard but if you have a good LAV driver who goes to the very back and have a few that jump out behind then it is pretty easy.

Worst map for balance is metro (especially if the defending team are good as you will just get base raped BADLY!). Kharg is also pretty poor for the first base, to do well as a defender for the first base you NEED to have a fair amount using JAVs and one guy manually controlling SOFLAM.

Main problem with balance in this game is the number they use to balance teams (skill) and cause of many other factors that play a part i.e. the vehicles [if you have an excellent jet pilot, you might as well as just leave the round]

Last edited:
Associate
This is getting a bit confused as to which edition to go for.
With BF3, i just got the original game, and nothing else.

This time around I want to get BF4 premium edition, the game and all the dlc packs.
What is the best way to go about this?

Soldato
It really isn't that confusing, though I admit they should put "game not included" in the premium product.

Battlefield 4 regular - just the game and I believe china rising is included if you preorder.

Battlefield 4 deluxe - game, china rising and some gold battle packs

Battlefield 4 premium - NOT the game! Buys you all the DLC packs though and some other benefits.

If you want the game and all the DLC, buy the regular game and premium.

Soldato
[ui]ICEMAN;24820149 said:
It really isn't that confusing, though I admit they should put "game not included" in the premium product.

Battlefield 4 regular - just the game and I believe china rising is included if you preorder.

Battlefield 4 deluxe - game, china rising and some gold battle packs

Battlefield 4 premium - NOT the game! Buys you all the DLC packs though and some other benefits.

If you want the game and all the DLC, buy the regular game and premium.

Don't forget the beta access with the Deluxe version.

Soldato
same any 1 ?

Look at the post above yours.

I want to get the BF4 Premium Edition - the game AND all the dlc packs.

When is this coming out for purchase, after release or for pre-order?

Your only option if you want this is to buy the base game AND the premium pack. They may make a premium + game bundle after launch but there's no way of saying at this point.

Associate
[ui]ICEMAN;24820317 said:
Look at the post above yours.

Your only option if you want this is to buy the base game AND the premium pack. They may make a premium + game bundle after launch but there's no way of saying at this point.

yes i see now cheers

Associate
Digital deluxe edition - unlocks all the vehicle and air unlocks

Seriously? thats pay to win for spending a tenner extra pre-ordering..
That the biggest issue i have with it now. I dont mind spending the money but its dead wrong to be able to have all the unlocks for those vehicles for a tenner (euros).

Pay to Win just made its appearance in battlefield..

Caporegime
Pathetic! Just makes me not want to buy this game now :mad:

I wonder if DICE have done the exact same mistake they did in BF 3, make flares etc. unlockable too, was utterly stupid and just made new players a few months later on not want to bother with aircraft at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom