Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Hey guys, brought the Deluxe version from Origin Thailand and it shows up in my origin, however premium does not. Can anyone advise?

Did you purchase premium as well? Premium is not included with the deluxe.

Does Battlefield 4 Premium contain the full package including all the dlcs ?

Premium is the DLC pass and some bonuses, it does not include the full game.

Going to uninstall bf3 to get a fresh perspective for bf4, playing bf3 is more aggravating than it is fun for me, and has been for some time. Hopefully beta hits soon, and hopefully its a decent map with a decent selection of vehicles.

Going to uninstall bf3 to get a fresh perspective for bf4, playing bf3 is more aggravating than it is fun for me, and has been for some time. Hopefully beta hits soon, and hopefully its a decent map with a decent selection of vehicles.

Huge +1 to that!

As soon as I get BF 4 beta (If I get in that is! Am sure someone/somewhere will give out beta keys and plus iirc DICe will be opening the beta up to everyone later on), BF 3 is being uninstalled straight away! Had enough of the landslide wins! :mad:

OMG i used to love that part with choppers :)

Yup, the heli's in BF3 took time to adjust to, they never had much weight or feel to them and they felt floaty when you first started to use them, plus being on stabilisers limited their manoeuvrability. BF2 had much better controls set up for them. Even the choppers in BC2 id say had more of a feel to them. :)

I always prefer to fly with joystick and that never worked with BC2 choppers so haven't really flown since BF2 unfortunately :( Wish I wasn't so drawn in by shiny new gfx, then I'd still be playing BF2 and could quit my whining :D The trick videos with helis and jets in BF2 were something else too!

Yup, the heli's in BF3 took time to adjust to, they never had much weight or feel to them and they felt floaty when you first started to use them, plus being on stabilisers limited their manoeuvrability. BF2 had much better controls set up for them. Even the choppers in BC2 id say had more of a feel to them. :)

I'll mention first that I play helo sims, so using these refrences to my opinions below.
Dunno about you guys but I actually went back to try BF2 out (to make sure it ran for PR) and flew about in the helos, woah. Was I wrong about thinking they were spot on between sim and arcade. They are horrible now.

BC2 is still fresh in my mind, they went too far in the arcade direction, it had typical nuances in turning and accelerating you'd find that "helps the player" fly.

BF3 found the best of both worlds, they're nimble when in a smaller class helo, react like you'd expect when using the cyclic and collective alone or together which allows you to do some really cool maneuvers.

However with BF4 (yes it's not finished but I doubt it's changing at this stage) the aircraft and helos looks stupidly arcade. I saw someone use rudders at a very fast speed and the helictoper kept turning laterally.
Aircraft turning 180 almost on a dime.

I know 3 was almost just as bad, but not this bad, I hope it changes :/

Wonder how the jets will behave? It's been about 8 months since I've played seriously but I was LVL 100 jet pilot back then and use to love bringing the rain.

Hopefully nerfed big time!

At least boats look like they will be powerful enough to now handle aircraft, was pointless using boats in bf 3 due to how weak and defenceless they were :o

I spoke to the Origin Purchasing support folk today and apparently I have both Premium and Deluxe.

I purchased both through a Thai proxy - total around £60.

Was that through through the Thai Origin store? Even though I will probably get this around release, I can't justify paying for premium straight way as with BF3 my interest trailed off after a few weeks of release and I haven't really played much since the later packs came out.

Was that through through the Thai Origin store? Even though I will probably get this around release, I can't justify paying for premium straight way as with BF3 my interest trailed off after a few weeks of release and I haven't really played much since the later packs came out.

Yeh it was. Took me all of 5mins to do. Think it cost me around £30 for the Deluxe version.

Just watched xfactor's walk through of the unlocks etc. and DICE have added way more options etc. :(

Love having choice but there is just too much in BF 3 imo and now even more in BF 4. Hopefully every single thing will have its own strengths that are useful rather than it being like BF 3 were you just use the exact same setup i.e. foregrip + heavy barrel more or less the entire time, otherwise it will just be a waste of time again.

Hopefully nerfed big time!

At least boats look like they will be powerful enough to now handle aircraft, was pointless using boats in bf 3 due to how weak and defenceless they were :o

The main issue with jets in bf3 vs ground vehicles was that utterly laughable drifting along gimmick where they could unload a few rocket pod barrages into tanks while literally drifting along at insanely slow speeds. Made being in a Tank a real pain in the ass on certain maps as they just had to do it at a steep angle and there was literally bugger all you could do about it, yeah you could fire the top .50 mg but that just pecks away at their health, and its certainly not enough to deter them from doing it. A stall mechanic would be something that they could have considered for BF4. Just one of many "wtf were they thinking" issues in BF3. Was bad enough that they let jets slow down to comical speeds but being able to barrage ground vehicles numerous times in a single pass is really taking the ****, bring back dumb bombs and having to go back to base to reload.

Last edited:
The main issue with jets in bf3 vs ground vehicles was that utterly laughable drifting along gimmick where they could unload a few rocket pod barrages into tanks while literally drifting along at insanely slow speeds. Made being in a Tank a real pain in the ass on certain maps as they just had to do it at a steep angle and there was literally bugger all you could do about it, yeah you could fire the top .50 mg but that just pecks away at their health, and its certainly not enough to deter them from doing it. A stall mechanic would be something that they could have considered for BF4. Just one of many "wtf were they thinking" issues in BF3.

So true, I could get 2-3 rocket pod barrages before hitting my afterburners. I think they should have made tanks allot stronger against jets. Then again, Jets did require a higher skill ceiling than allot of other vehicles which I why I enjoyed using them. Come up against a pro dog fighter and you were done. It did however get easier once the pros start releasing videos teaching others how to break turn properly.

Back
Top Bottom