Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
its more to do with how EA said they would never charge for dlc maps then they seen cod doing it and soon changed there mind :p

took them two years i think it was after saying they wouldn't do it.

as for it coming out in november its october.

video will be soon anyway and all the bf3 lackies will get there pre order in :p

Associate
it was a biggest disapointment in gaming history - playing Battlefield 3 after Bad Company 2. I can't stand using the Battlelog, and the game play awful. Then Premium. Big advert that game for EA. It was like booting up an advert everytime and then to play poor maps.
Theres no hope for B4 - they ruined it. DICE should be ashamed

Man of Honour
it was a biggest disapointment in gaming history - playing Battlefield 3 after Bad Company 2. I can't stand using the Battlelog, and the game play awful. Then Premium. Big advert that game for EA. It was like booting up an advert everytime and then to play poor maps.
Theres no hope for B4 - they ruined it. DICE should be ashamed

Battlelog was the only good thing about BF3. Aside from that I completely agree with you though.

Caporegime
As your're 'in the know' what date is it being released then dg?

I want the actual release date.

Wait until March 26th. You won't have to wait long.

Personally i agree with DG, EA have gone on record saying they want to annualize their shooters, so if BF4 is released this year, it will be October, same as BF3 was. If they do delay it, it may be delayed until next year, but i can't see them doing it in november.

Permabanned
Wait until March 26th. You won't have to wait long.

Personally i agree with DG, EA have gone on record saying they want to annualize their shooters, so if BF4 is released this year, it will be October, same as BF3 was. If they do delay it, it may be delayed until next year, but i can't see them doing it in november.

I think most of us could have guessed it would be October that's why he's asking DG for the actual date.

Soldato
OP
I think most of us could have guessed it would be October that's why he's asking DG for the actual date.

Exactly.

I only said November earlier as I would just prefer it to be the beginning of November rather than some time in October. As long as it's the end of October like BF3 was then that will do.

Caporegime
its end of october i think its 24th/25th october if you look at that date youll realize why

it cant be november as cod will be out then and that destroys bf in sales so they need a bit of space in between

Soldato
To all the people moaning about buying DLC can i say these things.

How much is a pint of beer?

How many hours will you play your computer game if you buy the DLC?

Do you see where i'm coming from?

Computer games are expensive to make and support. We should get things for free because we bought BF1942 back in the day is all well and good but it doesn't pay the rent on the DICE building or EA share holders.

I was talking to a friend once about a magazine that folded (stay with me) and it was shut down because it wasn't making ENOUGH money - let me be clear it was making profit, just not enough.

Investors will go where they get the BEST return not just any.

If you play all sorts of games then maybe buying premium or whatever isn't worth it to you, but that's the big bad world kids.

Now who ordered the Wambulance?

Caporegime
you talk about different things though EA arent struggling for cash or making great content. they making barely enough for a single player game with as many cash tie ins as possible.

this is what pees off gamers not that they mind paying for dlc.

the game as a mp isnt even that good yet its one of the most expensive.

Soldato
I'm very much looking forward to this. However I hated the fact that they polarised the community with the premium content.

I only bought premium over Xmas as it was cheap, but I found before that most servers where premium only and it really spoiled the game, becuase there where only a few serves to play on.

This was naughty!

Caporegime
The premium only part is controlled by the server admins.

Blame the community for that. By making a server premium it enabled you to use the full map rotation and not have to worry about half your players disappearing when you put an armored kill map on.

Its good for sever admins who own the servers, its good for their regulars who probably have premium, its just the casuals that get shut out, but they would have been kicked when the server switched to a DLC map anyway.

Man of Honour
The premium only part is controlled by the server admins.

Blame the community for that. By making a server premium it enabled you to use the full map rotation and not have to worry about half your players disappearing when you put an armored kill map on.

Its good for sever admins who own the servers, its good for their regulars who probably have premium, its just the casuals that get shut out, but they would have been kicked when the server switched to a DLC map anyway.

Yup. And that is exactly what is a really terrible idea for an online FPS.

Associate
Battlefield 3 is a disgrace. You only need to run the game look at the forced-on-you forums. Then get through the advertising. Premium this , buy a map. but a DLC, buy a kit. awful. The game was pants too, but thats another story. I always thought it felt like firing with pea shooter in a map that had 4 mini battles going on. tanks made out of paper.
Trouble is B3 was a huge advert. simple as that. just too much from EA. too much

Permabanned
Battlefield 3 is a disgrace. You only need to run the game look at the forced-on-you forums. Then get through the advertising. Premium this , buy a map. but a DLC, buy a kit. awful. The game was pants too, but thats another story. I always thought it felt like firing with pea shooter in a map that had 4 mini battles going on. tanks made out of paper.
Trouble is B3 was a huge advert. simple as that. just too much from EA. too much

You clearly haven't played much, I've hit tanks with 3-6 RPG's before and nothing, this was without an engineer fixing it as well. The game is awesome in my opinion especially if you can play it semi competitive, you can ignore all the adverts and what not it certainly doesn't affect me launching battlelog, going to servers clicking one of my favourites and starting the game :)

Associate
You clearly haven't played much, I've hit tanks with 3-6 RPG's before and nothing, this was without an engineer fixing it as well. The game is awesome in my opinion especially if you can play it semi competitive, you can ignore all the adverts and what not it certainly doesn't affect me launching battlelog, going to servers clicking one of my favourites and starting the game :)

People just love to complain mate.....nothing more.

Soldato

You don't have to use the forum.
I've barely noticed any advertising, especially in game, there is none.
You don't have to buy DLC, kits, maps, etc.

Back
Top Bottom