Battlefield: Bad Company!

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I have just seen on a web site that the gold edition on the ps3 is a penny cheaper than the normal edition, so much for paying for the extra guns :p

Soldato
I wouldn't have thought they would be dedicated servers for the demo. Even if there were, i'm sure that ppl would be hosting their own too and these would probably be the problematic ones.

BF2:MC demo had dedicated servers when it was released (I believe this is also why its no longer available as they too the servers down after a while). I assume they will do the same with bad company.

Must remember to get this tonight.

Associate
Played the demo last night, didn't like it :(
Looks nice (I went for a swim, that looks great) but the controls didn't feel right, I spent too much time working out exactly what to do (not being able to zoom in on the map didn't help).
I really wanted to like this but it just didn't sit right with me :o

Man of Honour
I dont understand why you hated the beta and this so much?

I wasn't wrong about GTA4 or bioshock (although people on these forums seem slow to catch up and desperate to brands games as amazing) and I'm not wrong about this.

I played the beta for around 10 hours and while it's not a bad game I think MC was better in many ways. This won't be played more than 2 weeks by the majority, especially if the general skill level of the players doesn't sharply increase.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't wrong about GTA4 or bioshock (although people on these forums seem slow to catch up and desperate to brands games as amazing) and I'm not wrong about this.

I played the beta for around 10 hours and while it's not a bad game I think MC was better in many ways. This won't be played more than 2 weeks by the majority, especially if the general skill level of the players doesn't sharply increase.

So GTA4 and Bioshock are crap games too? Both games were played for more than any 2 weeks... Bioshock is one of my favourite games of all time - that's the problem with impatient people who wont give the game time to develop. Just because MC was better doesn't mean this is crap

Man of Honour
Where did I say they were the same as BF? I said I wasn't wrong about them. Neither are GOTY material and both were enormously overrated at launch.

I've completed bioshock, played 20 hours of GTA4 and 11+ of BF:BC so I've given them all plenty of time. Don't make stupid accusations.

Soldato
playing on it now and seems very much like BF:2 with the ability to blow holes in things, which seems a little over rated to me, useful, but not what it could have been, online seems fairly solid, the only problem i have isn't down to the game, but rather to my old SD TV which really isn't helping. i've noticed a slight amount of rubber banding, but nothing too serious, on the hole it's nonexistent or unnoticeable.

chances are i will be buying this, it is very much a 'battlefield' game, there is no doubt about it if you've played any of the others, PC or console it should feel pretty familiar. and if you loved them you should at least like this:)

Soldato
Where did I say they were the same as BF? I said I wasn't wrong about them. Neither are GOTY material and both were enormously overrated at launch.

I've completed bioshock, played 20 hours of GTA4 and 11+ of BF:BC so I've given them all plenty of time. Don't make stupid accusations.

I gathered my assumption from the fact that you don't like bad company and said you wernt wrong about this, same as Bioshock and gta which makes me assume that if you don't like bad company - you don't like those two either. Didn't Bioshock get game of the year? And I'm not making stupid accusations - you were on the bad company demo for an hour AT MOST and came off it saying oooh its crap, same as the beta when it simply isn't.

Soldato
BF2:MC demo had dedicated servers when it was released (I believe this is also why its no longer available as they too the servers down after a while). I assume they will do the same with bad company.
Fair enough, dedicated servers are always a bonus. I would still hazard a guess that peoples own hosted efforts are causing most problems.

By the way, has anyone managed to blow down a tree or building and have it fall on you and kill you? Just wondering if all the destruction is for show or does it actually have an effect.

Soldato
I reckon the game needs to be a bit more balanced. It took me 3 rockets to blow up an APC. It should be 2 imo.

Wonder how many it takes for a tank.

Josh

Soldato
Finally got this working online last night. Really quite enjoyed it! :D

Not as indepth as BF2, but then I wasn't expecting it to be. a lot of fun though.

I 'might' pick it up on release.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Finally got this working on the ps3, its nothing i havnt seen before, it just has that been there done that feel about it.

Back
Top Bottom