Battlefield: Bad Company!

Associate
Game is excellent ....... prefer the 360 versions graphics ( slightly superior ), but the online sections works light years better on ps3.

Decent single player ..... awesome multiplayer ( on ps3 )

Soldato
Things that needs changing:

- film grain filter. ooommmgggg this is an eyesore. It's far too pervasive, what is with people trying to emulate rubbish film reel quality? We stopped using film reels with that much degradation 30 years ago. It's a VIDEO GAME. Not a movie. Enough is enough. Far too many games do this now.

- field of view. C'mon this is ridiculous now, it is like 60 degrees even on a widescreen output, one of the worst fovs since Halo 2. It's like walking around slightly zoomed in all the time.

- aiming. The spectrums of sensitivity is off the charts. Nudge it 0.3mm it's slow. Nudge it 0.4mm, you've done a full turn before you know it. I haven't looked at options yet, if you can change sensitivity then this isn't an issue.

- controls. Jeez they are rubbish. I haven't toyed with the options of changing it yet. If they're fully customizable then this isn't an issue at all.

- voice acting, characters, story etc in the singleplayer is laughable. The 'this is my story' slant makes me cringe. This along with the film grain just makes me think EA is trying to knock off all the popular war movies and doing a terrible job of it. So so shameless in its execution and portrayal. Gives Haze a run for its money.

If I had to score the demo, it would get a 4/10 from me. It's obvious they whacked 'Battlefield' in the name just to pull in the crowds.

Soldato
Played demo and was bored after about 15 minutes. Just felt like something I had played in the past, nothing new or interesting.

Soldato
Just had a go on the xbox version again.

Still as laggy as ever. It's terrible. PS3 version is much better for MP. Hopefully this lag will be fixed.

Josh

Soldato
Battlefield 2 is so pristine compared to this game. For a 360/PS3 game I am amazed at how horrible this game is in a lot of aspects compared to Battlefield 2, which is several years old now.

Soldato
Started to play it the other night. I started on the single player but turned it off after 5 minutes...

I gave it another go today in multiplayer mode. Much better, just getting used to the controls (COD, BF PC Gamer still in me :)

I thought the graphics would be a little better. Great fun in multiplayer tho.

Back
Top Bottom