• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Soldato
I am running the 980ti hybrid evga card, it's running from 40 fps on the smaller close maps to 56 on the large open maps at 4k ultra settings with the gysync on, its running rather smooth.

Regarding the Dx12 well that is strange yesterday when I enabled it it ran great , this morning went to play the game it was a stutter fest and and to turn it of to play.

You need to reload the game for dx12. You probably were still playing with dx11 last night. My 980ti was running everything in the beta st ultra at 65-75 fps 1440p. I’ve got the fraps logs to proof it

Caporegime
Finding BFV is running much better than BF1 on my rig (1080ti / 4790 / 16Gb) seems to be giving a consistent 60fps @4K which BF1 didn’t bar a weird stuttering during cut scenes it’s running beautifully.

It defaults to DX11 and I’ve no interest in 12.

Associate
You need to reload the game for dx12. You probably were still playing with dx11 last night. My 980ti was running everything in the beta st ultra at 65-75 fps 1440p. I’ve got the fraps logs to proof it

Will enable DX12 and restart the game then, pretty sure i did try this cant remember, was just about to try this but cant get online now for some reason, the beta for me i got a solid 60fps and even started messing with the resolution scale performance was off the scale so yeah i believe you it worked ever so well in Beta :)

Edit time- Just tried enabling Directx12 once I restarted the options to go online would not work lol, ok back to 11 it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
DX12 was working just fine for me in dx12 mode in BF V using a 1080 ti and the latest drivers. Worthy note though is i have been having stutter issues in the past and it was a windows problem which i have fixed. Stupid Fullscreen optimization will ruin performance on many systems.

Soldato
DX12 was working just fine for me in dx12 mode in BF V using a 1080 ti and the latest drivers. Worthy note though is i have been having stutter issues in the past and it was a windows problem which i have fixed. Stupid Fullscreen optimization will ruin performance on many systems.
I’m gonna have to pick your brains buddy. I’ll try it on my Titan x tonight with full screen off and see what I get.

Soldato
It's hitching because RTX has been pulled out for the moment. You'll need a RTX card for smooth DX12 once it's put back in :D.

Joking aside, I just watched a little of the RT demo done back, what, 2 months ago now, and apart from lower FPS it didn't hitch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom