• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Man of Honour
Disagree there I think visually it looks fantastic, it’s running great for me (1080ti @ 4K) splash damage is a bit disappointing but buzzing around in aircraft is an absolute hoot.

Don’t think it deserves the hate it’s received at all, still think Bad Company 2 beats it for pick up & play though, that’s still my favourite of the “updated” BF games.

BFV is ok visually but unfortunately it is wrapped up in the Turing card launch and people expect something exceptional.:)

Caporegime
BFV is ok visually but unfortunately it is wrapped up in the Turing card launch and people expect something exceptional.:)
Well, quite, I can see that, but as a non RTX capable card owner I looked at it for what it was, and, tbh, very much liked what I saw.

It still beats me why RTX (or whatever they call it) in an FPS game would be a deal breaker anyway, if you spend your time looking at pretty reflections you’ll just wind up dead! :D

Associate
DX12 performance on BF5 for me has been garbage, like all Battlefield games. Running an RTX2060 and still get loads of stuttering. Ridiculous really considering this is supposed to be the flagship game to show off Raytracing...

Associate
DX12 performance on BF5 for me has been garbage, like all Battlefield games. Running an RTX2060 and still get loads of stuttering. Ridiculous really considering this is supposed to be the flagship game to show off Raytracing...
At least you can play on dx12, it just crashes for me when the game starts and I have to bring up task manager to exit, doing my nut in lol

Soldato
Performance for me is still crap.

DX12 is smoother but with more major stutters. DX11 overall is better but I definitely feel micro stutter.

I guess the only recent thing I've added to the PC is MSI AB. I am using the automatic OC settings.

All other games are fine but BFV is a bit messy.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is this trolling or what? Framerate is perfect. Barely playable is up to 35 FPS. Where did you see 35 FPS?

Lol "barely playable is up to 35fps". Says who exactly? Some people don't even like to play at 60fps. And if you do play at 60 a dip to even 55 is noticeable, so no the frame rate is not "perfect".

The only point in that video he gets over 60 he's in a plane, in firefights on the ground his FPS dips drastically, it's in the 40fps range at some points.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Lol "barely playable is up to 35fps". Says who exactly?

I say, together with many, many others:

[It's far more important to player perception the have a consistent frame rate, than a high one.
Due to persistence of vision, once you pass 24 fps, most people can't tell the difference except in very extraordinary circumstances, but, if you drop even one frame, they'll often notice it as an almost imperceptible “hiccough.”
For games without a lot of full-screen movement, 12fps is typically the threshold between “looks like animation” and”looks jerky”for most people.
For comparison, most feature films are 24 fps. Television varies between 25fps (Europe), 29.97fps (US SD color) and 30 fps (US SD B&W or HD).
https://www.quora.com/What-is-consi...for-a-certain-video-game-on-a-PC-Is-it-60-FPS

Some people don't even like to play at 60fps.

Very rare breed.

Caporegime
I say, together with many, many others:

[It's far more important to player perception the have a consistent frame rate, than a high one.
Due to persistence of vision, once you pass 24 fps, most people can't tell the difference except in very extraordinary circumstances, but, if you drop even one frame, they'll often notice it as an almost imperceptible “hiccough.”
For games without a lot of full-screen movement, 12fps is typically the threshold between “looks like animation” and”looks jerky”for most people.
For comparison, most feature films are 24 fps. Television varies between 25fps (Europe), 29.97fps (US SD color) and 30 fps (US SD B&W or HD).
https://www.quora.com/What-is-consi...for-a-certain-video-game-on-a-PC-Is-it-60-FPS

Very rare breed.

Have you even watched his video? His framerate with infantry combat is fluctuating wildly from 70ish right down to 40 in some instances, that type of variance you can feel as you play and can be very off putting. So your point about having a consistent frame rate just went down the crapper with that one. If he was getting a constant 60 with no variance that's one thing, but his fps is varying by around 30 which when playing a shooter isn't ideal at all.

And your comparisons with movie frame rate make no sense, you're not interacting with a movie so the framerate is less important, plus movies\tv all have motion blur which makes the movement more fluid. Most fps gamers immediately turn motion blur off ingame.

Caporegime
For some reason my fps in bf5 has gotten worse, not sure why exactly but its defo not as good as it once was :(

Seen some people mention the latest patch hurting performance, you got future frame rendering on? With my vega card the game runs better in dx12 than 11..which is a bit of a surprise.

Permabanned
Have you even watched his video?

I think you are somewhat mad. Instead of saying thank you for sharing, you allow yourself to be arrogant to the heaven.
Yes, the first thing when I came upon the video was to watch it. And the difference with you is that I saw the tremendous life-like gameplay.
The thing that you saw was that minimums go to the 40s...

I have nothing more to discuss with you.

Associate
Seen some people mention the latest patch hurting performance, you got future frame rendering on? With my vega card the game runs better in dx12 than 11..which is a bit of a surprise.
No have future frame rendering off, im playing with exact same settings but fps is down from where it once was, I could play this at 4k with fps around 60 most the time, there was drops to mid 40s when things got hectic but overall it was very playable.

Now fps is mostly in the high 40s @4k, just happened all of a sudden and out of no where, guess it could have been the latest patch, guess I will just have to play at 1440p for the time being and hope fps goes up again with next patch

Back
Top Bottom