Battletech

Soldato
I picked this up in the steam sale. Really enjoying it, it's got that one more go feeling. You think "oh just one more go", then before you know it, it's hours later and you have got nothing else done :D

Associate
It seems to be more balanced then it used to be at release, not been one shot by a tank yet this time yet.

Did get a funny one 3 medium mechs vs 10 light mechs did taken some head damage to two of my guys but won the battle

Soldato
I picked this up in the steam sale. Really enjoying it, it's got that one more go feeling. You think "oh just one more go", then before you know it, it's hours later and you have got nothing else done :D

If you haven't played past 2 hours I'd suggest refunding it. I grabbed it the other day for £14.56 @ HRK - saving you £13....

Other than that, it's a great game and the beta 1.1 run's silky smooth. Still don't really get what I'm doing but it is fun :p

Man of Honour
Yeah, Amazon put it up for a tenner about 4 or 5 times, I recommended the game to a mate and he grabbed the deluxe version off Amazon one time it was up for £10

Soldato
I'm enjoying this sort of, but I haven't a clue what I'm doing most of the time. It seems like all I can do is click one of my Mechs to select it, move about towards the enemy then click the enemy in the hope that sometimes it lets me fires weapons at it, sometimes it doesn't. I know you can bring up a small screen with info on enemy mechs which allow you to move your cursor over and highlight each part of the mech but can't seem to fathom out if you can actually concentrate fire on a particular area like a leg, right arm, head etc? I'm not really sure what 'Reserve' or 'Brace' does to be honest. Is there a n00b tutorial online anywhere?

Associate
I'm enjoying this sort of, but I haven't a clue what I'm doing most of the time. It seems like all I can do is click one of my Mechs to select it, move about towards the enemy then click the enemy in the hope that sometimes it lets me fires weapons at it, sometimes it doesn't. I know you can bring up a small screen with info on enemy mechs which allow you to move your cursor over and highlight each part of the mech but can't seem to fathom out if you can actually concentrate fire on a particular area like a leg, right arm, head etc? I'm not really sure what 'Reserve' or 'Brace' does to be honest. Is there a n00b tutorial online anywhere?

If you don't have line of sight on an enemy, you can't shoot at it and sometimes it can be hard to see whether your shot will be blocked by a certain part of the terrain or not. Long range missiles can be fired indirectly albeit with a penalty, which sends them above obstacles.

You need to do an aimed shot (which costs morale) to hit individual mech parts or they need to be on the ground after having been knocked down after their stability has been reduced to nil. Reserve means you don't take your turn immediately but wait until the enemy has been and then, if you have enough initiative, you may get to go twice or your reserving may tactically lure the enemy closer so your heavier mechs can shoot at them during that turn. Brace means you take less stability damage so are less likely to be knocked down. There's a perk that allows you to take half damage when braced.

Last edited:
Soldato

There's no "hope" about it, the game tells you if you can shoot before you move. When you move, mouse over the space you're going to and click once. You should get an arc which you can then rotate by using the mouse. If you see a red line connecting your mech to an enemy, you can shoot it from that position and angle. If the line is straight then it's a direct shot, if it's an arc then it's indirect fire from missile weapons only.

Associate

I found this useful https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1365402907

Soldato
Finally finished it but I did re-start a couple of times after hitting a wall the first time. Watching Molten Metal on YT for example taught me a lot.

The 2nd time I was doing fine but just got bored of the vanilla game as watching MM on YT playing MWO I saw how much was missing from the base game. See I even remember configuring Mechs in MW2 (1995!) with advanced armours to fit certain weapon combos and none of that was implemented.

Anyway 3rd time starting with a few mods to enhance the base game plus a few Los Tech weapons (but not as OTT as Roguetech) to add interest I played till the end.

"Basic Panic System" would have been enough just to stop some fights becoming a slog fest oh and "ammo cook off" so the flamers and support weapons have a bit more impact.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Been playing this for a couple of weeks now.
Seriously good game. I'm enjoying it more than Xcom and recently got the Highlander from one of the missions.

Question for you chaps. If I play pvp/skirmish with a friend:
- Do injuries sustained by pilots carry into the campaign?
- Can pilots be permanently killed in pvp?
- Will repair costs generated from a pvp encounter be charged against my campaign funds?

Soldato
Been playing this for a couple of weeks now.
Seriously good game. I'm enjoying it more than Xcom and recently got the Highlander from one of the missions.

Question for you chaps. If I play pvp/skirmish with a friend:
- Do injuries sustained by pilots carry into the campaign?
- Can pilots be permanently killed in pvp?
- Will repair costs generated from a pvp encounter be charged against my campaign funds?
Pvp is entirely separate from the campaign, so have at it :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Still trying to get my head around some of the more indepth in game logic.
Anyone know the evasion pips from moving/jumping?

I assume that stationary is nothing (not even a bonus for the attacker)
Are evasion pips generated for "any" walk, regardless of distance? If they're distance related, anyone seen a table?
I get the impression that sprinting and jumping generates a different level of pips. Again, anyone know what these are?

Back
Top Bottom