Battletech

Soldato
I partook of this pricing error as well. It will be interesting to see if there is a sudden surge of Battletech keys steam keys for sale on the Members Market shortly after when Amazon eventually get round to fixing this obvious pricing glitch.

I wouldn't worry. That would get shot down before it sold. Same happened when people got one of the CoD games from Amazon really cheap, people couldn't get away with selling them on MM for profit.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Just picked this up from Amazon due to the crazy price, it was getting tiresome having to carry every OCUK team in PubG :)

(I will get my coat :p)

Soldato
I wonder if it is a glitch, I know sometimes products are given away in return for reviews, but that practice has had some bad press, maybe this is a sneaky way of doing that
??, let a load of keys go cheap, get reviews in, put price back up.

If it is a mistake I doubt Paradox will care, whilst not 100% sure, I would guess Amazon buy in bulk a set number of licences at a set price, and then in turn sell them on for a profit, Paradox will have got their money.

If anything Paradox probably pleased, asit sells more copies, more people talking about it, more press, more reviews etc. In fact I bet if it is a mistake they are laughing their assessment off.

Edit: laughing their assessment off.... Good job phone auto correct text...

Man of Honour
Just got this, for a whopping 29p!

Played the original Mech Warriors, loved loved loved them. Is this similar at all, any advice?

Not the same as the original Mechwarrior games in that they were like FPS where you stomped about in your mech, whereas this is a turn based isometric strategy game. However, with a background in Mechwarrior all the terminology and mechs and their weapons will be instantly familiar :)

Soldato
So thinking about mech setups, a bit like MWO (mechwarrior online) better to have single high alpha setups than continual damage?

I seem do well with PPC's, and auto cannons. SRM's/missiles in general, put out tons of damage but spread it all over the place, same with medium lasers unless you precision.

Fewer but higher damage weapons seem to perform, at least for me.

Also feel personally jump jets are wasted tonnage, not yet had a situation I've regretted now having then and feel the tonnage is better invested elsewhere.

What do you guys think? I'd be interested to hear what works for you.

Soldato
So thinking about mech setups, a bit like MWO (mechwarrior online) better to have single high alpha setups than continual damage?

I seem do well with PPC's, and auto cannons. SRM's/missiles in general, put out tons of damage but spread it all over the place, same with medium lasers unless you precision.

Fewer but higher damage weapons seem to perform, at least for me.

Also feel personally jump jets are wasted tonnage, not yet had a situation I've regretted now having then and feel the tonnage is better invested elsewhere.

What do you guys think? I'd be interested to hear what works for you.

Jump jets are pretty good for getting your evasion up actually, and some later missions really benefit from them.

One thing with missiles is that they are great for making mechs unstable and knocking them down, so don't knock them. I found laser vomit builds pretty good if you have good gunnery skills. Early game I tended to rock lots of srms and ballistic, but if you get ++ ppcs with extra stability damage they are rad too

Soldato
I don't see the point of ppcs they seem to generate loads of heat when a large laser will do (or am I missing something). One thing I've learned is putting 500 armour on a medium much usually results in it getting blown up rather easily lol.

Soldato
I usually always have one Mech with 2 x 15LRM++ (extra stability + damage) to make the heavy Mechs on the field unsteady. Centurions are good for this with with 2 x M laser for backup and jump jets so they can manoeuvre to high vantage points and gain evasive.

You can watch MoltenMetal on YT use this tactic a lot and he uses the knockdown and leg targeting to salvage whole Mechs.

I've ended up with more heavy Mechs that I can use so that became a good money earner for buying ++ weapons.

Having a too much tonnage on the field all the time can be a disadvantage turning fights into an attrition fest so mixing in a light/medium Mech or too is worth it. Just keep them back like the centurion missile boat sat at the back taking pot shots.

Soldato
Jump jets are pretty good for getting your evasion up actually, and some later missions really benefit from them.

One major benefit of JJs is that occasionally a mech will be deployed onto a space you can't move off.

There is no real advantage to not fielding every bit of tonnage you can, except when it means fielding a Quickdraw or Dragon over a Shadow Hawk or a Banshee/Awesome over an Orion. My current make-up is a LRM-boat Stalker with 65 tubes - I tried 70 but it felt a little squishy and still didn't let me reliably OHKO Heavies - two Highlander SRM brawlers and a King Crab headcapper.

Soldato
My final load out was a stalker with 4x lrm15, banshee full of mediums plus 2x large plus 2 flamers, highlander pretty much as I got it (moved a dhs to the battlemaster though), another highlander that had an lrm20 and ac20. Didn't manage to get a kgc yet, even though I shoulda got the salvage from the final mission. Dual ac20 sounds immense.

Associate
so, 72hrs played and just finished the storyline. Marvelous game and my fave of the year so far. The final 2 or 3 story missions were pretty easy by the time i got there, i think i spent too much time grinding out side missions for gear so ended up in "hulk smash" mode and just stomped the final bit of the story. Im feeling a bit at a loss now, i was totally addicted to it while going through the campaign but not sure i want to just play it through again. It did get a little samey towards the end so im looking forward to some DLC.

One thing, i picked up some Exchangers towards the end which i assumed would be killer heat savers, they cost a small fortune but didn't really seem to make much difference. Would people go for them or heat sinks? I also really struggled to find any double heat sinks as salvage or in shops, do they only come on prebuilt mechs?

Soldato
Heat exchangers reduce heat build up by x%, where as heatsinks dissipate an extra 3 heat per turn. If you are running a really hot mech, then heat exchangers can work out better, you will have to do the math. If the difference is marginal, then I would stick with heatsinks, as you still get the full benefit whilst not shooting any/all your weapons in a turn.

I THINK double heatsinks are available in shops, but they are extremely rare, I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Soldato
Heat exchangers reduce heat build up by x%, where as heatsinks dissipate an extra 3 heat per turn. If you are running a really hot mech, then heat exchangers can work out better, you will have to do the math. If the difference is marginal, then I would stick with heatsinks, as you still get the full benefit whilst not shooting any/all your weapons in a turn.

I THINK double heatsinks are available in shops, but they are extremely rare, I'm not 100% sure on that though.

No, DHS is LosTech. I know someone who says they've salvaged a Gauss Rifle, but even that is one in a million and they don't have any ammo for it.

Regarding the Royal Highlander: that mech runs super cool in stock config, so you should remove the DHSs and refit them to other mechs.

Permabanned
I've been dropping back into this every now and then but just don't have the inclination to keep doing so. Not so much the game as such I think it's pretty decent as it is (that being said, the missions are a little slow) but my biggest gripe is how long it take to load and then load the mission. My fault for not installing on an SSD but hey ho.

Soldato
I've been dropping back into this every now and then but just don't have the inclination to keep doing so. Not so much the game as such I think it's pretty decent as it is (that being said, the missions are a little slow) but my biggest gripe is how long it take to load and then load the mission. My fault for not installing on an SSD but hey ho.
Trust me it's not lightening fast on an ssd either, although it improved by dumping the hundreds of saves I had.

Soldato
Trying having it on a wd green drive now that's painful :(

Soldato

You can speed up missions by disabling the move and jump animation modes which take you out of control. You should also alter some lines in the audioconstants.json file (fear not, it's plain text) to get rid of delays between actions - set AttackPreFireDuration, AttackAfterFireDelay, AttackAfterFireDuration, AttackAfterCompletionDuration and audioFadeDuration to 0.

Back
Top Bottom