Batwoman

Soldato
I thought Batwoman was meant to be Commissioner Gordon's daughter Barbara?
Playing the Arkham games right now and it says she was Batwoman until she got shot in the spine, disabled, and ended up becoming Oracle the stereotypical token wheelchair-bound tech-head doing all Batman's geeky science computery stuff...

Well, tbf she was probably where the stereotype came from as she's been like that in the Batman comics for 30 odd years i think.

Soldato
Playing the Arkham games right now and it says she was Batwoman until she got shot in the spine, disabled, and ended up becoming Oracle the stereotypical token wheelchair-bound tech-head doing all Batman's geeky science computery stuff...

Batgirl is Gordon's daughter.

Batwoman is different.

Soldato
Watched the Joker, thought it was average at best, certainly not the violent massacre it was made out to be, and batwoman was meh at best. Nothing stands out about it that would make it onto my ever expending list of programs worth watching.

Associate

Batgirl is Gordon's daughter.

Batwoman is different.
Like No1newts said they are 2 completely different character, Kate Kane is Batwoman and Barbara Gordon is Batgirl, the audience rating for just pilot episode is VERY low on rotten tomatoes.

Associate
Jeez... this is why I never cared for comic books.
I assume there's also a Batlady, Batperson, Batlass, Batbint and various other combinations, each with their own unique but ever so similar apart from one minor detail backstories?

Bleh, don't start. You should have seen the old Batman movie, EVERYTHING had a "bat" in front of it. Batphone, Batglass, Batradio, Batcopter, Batpen, Batsmoke, Batlavalamp...

Anyway, I've seen this episode and I don't actually have as much hate for it as some others. It's in a weird spot where it's NOT really the first episode (which was in the Elseworlds crossover last year), and that episode was set in this series' future. It's a bit like trying to shoehorn in a story between established events, but not only that - also written in a prequel fashion to events that your own story establishes elsewhere previously. So they're in a spot about how they can tell an origin pilot episode story with such a circumstance, and there's not many ways you can go about it.

Now, there are some noticable remarks and comments in the episode, even when viewed in its entirety in the episode (the "When it fits a woman" in reference to the Batsuit there), but that's the CW doing its normal thing of deliberately pushing those buttons and putting content like that in. It's the thing that ALL CW shows do, the blame here is on CW, not the show. Now ,for the sole proper episode for its "origin", it certainly does set a benchmark of where it'll head towards in terms of writing and what it'll throw at you on screen, but to trash it without giving proper consideration (to see whether it may taper off or remain the same) seems a bit rushed I feel. Although in most cases it won't change much, to make that call on it before its even had a second episode it a bit too rushed a conclusion.

Associate
The main bat family:
Bruce Wayne Batman
Tim Drake Robin
Damian Wayne Robin
Jason todd Red hood
Dick grayson Nightwing
Barbara Gordon Batgirl
Kate Kane Batwoman
Others:
Lucas Fox Batwing

h6zhwwmkugyytzww1zqv.jpg

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Was an awesome Titans movie, it really did become even more hilarious when it used the full dc line characters with batman and superman :)

Caporegime
Who's excited? Batwoman is back soon with more compelling storytelling, convincing villains, excellent world building and a new Batwoman to boot. What could go wrong....

Back
Top Bottom