BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i certainly wont be watching race reruns many hours after on the bbc. live or not at all

No? It's what I've done most of this year anyway, thanks to iPlayer. My Sunday afternoons are too valuable to be stuck in watching the TV. I'm more often than not out and about during summer weekends. I tend to watch the races late in the evening or early in the morning - my partner isn't exactly a fan! Even watched one race downloaded to the laptop, on the EuroStar this year.

I actually managed to get to about 9pm on the Sunday of the 2008 Brazillian GP without knowing anything about the result, so that my family could all sit down and watch the final race together as a bunch of us were working.

Its not if I throw all my eggs in the Sky basket and then end up missing half the race behind adverts.

well you can cancel sky and miss half of them due to not being shown on BBC :D

they never had ads in races when they had F1 before, so I doubt they will in the future :)

The fact that Jake, EJ and DC were not afraid to jump in the garages and grab key people and ask the awkward questions is what made the BBC coverage great. Would you rather they stood out in the car park and just read of a script?

The cockyness of them all gets them so much more information. I mean look at MB, you don't deliver great grid walks like that without having the balls to just barge in when you feel like it.

Agreed.

This is one of the key features of the BBC coverage.

There is enough serious stuff on TV already, some light hearted banter whilst getting the atmosphere from behind your TV is exactly where it is at.

They have to keep JH, DC and EJ, because they work together.

Either way, very interested in seeing what Sky come up with and who the BBC replaces MB with. I guess DC will become key commentator with perhaps Chandook as co-commentator as a few people have sang his praises over the year.

Might be nothing, but Georgie Thompson (of Sky Sports) has Tweeted that "tomorrow is a big day".

Could mean anything, could mean she's part of the Sky F1 team :p

Just spoke to the guys who run Flashsports streams.

they say they will more than liley cover the F1 channel.

Good news! ive used them for two years and the picture is outstanding for a stream. I would say its about as equal as Iplayer but obviously the FSS streams are live.

Think you need a minumum of 3.5 MB internet connection though

Might be nothing, but Georgie Thompson (of Sky Sports) has Tweeted that "tomorrow is a big day".

Could mean anything, could mean she's part of the Sky F1 team :p

OH **** NO!

Not the Beige Bint™ Anyone but the Beinge Bint™

She's all one colour... Hair and skin match. Last time I saw ehr she was wearing beige as well. Has she had a stroke too? Only talks out of one side of her mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom