BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So bloody tempted by this. TBH I'd rather just get it at half price for 12 months than get vouchers and cash back.

Question, how does the Cash Back work? Looking at the link posted to the new ofer I've seen people claiming they never received their Cash Back?

Literally can't wait for the F1 season, and that advert in HD round a mates house made me basically cry.

Soldato
Literally can't wait for the F1 season, and that advert in HD round a mates house made me basically cry.

This is what SKY want. The first year, they just want to get people signed up. Then the subsequent years - that's where they make their big profits, including the selling of adverts during the race (these adverts should carry a hefty price premium).

Soldato
Are they likely to offer anything different over the phone? I know the above is an online deal only.

For me, I would only get the basic Sky + the HD pack. I'd make use of the other channels and its features as well obviously but this is primarily for the F1. Do the satellites still suffer with bad reception? I'm in a flat that is 2 flats high and I'm on the ground floor.

Lew

Lew

Associate
Stupid Question Alert:

Do i need a dish to access Sky+ HD? I am tempted by the F1 and HD+ option for £30.25 a month! However, i cannot have a dish installed where I live as it is listed.

Have you got a garden if you can get signal Sky do Patio mounts for dishes. I have fitted Sky to customer houses which are listed, just dont have them on the building.

Caporegime
I tend to fall asleep during a lot of the live races - why I watch and record them just in case. Now I dont need to worry as a mates gonna tell me which races are worth even watching or not to save that wasted time...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
They've said quite a few times that there will be no adverts at all in any races. If they do show ads in the race I'd expect there to be uproar.

Everything has specifically said 2012. We have absolutely no guarantees of anything for 2013 onwards, not even what will be live or anything.

Soldato
Only purchased a TV licence so I could watch F1 (legally) on my big tv, since the screw-over-the-fans deal I will no longer be watching F1 so therefore wont require the TV licence, the guy on the phone is having a hard time accepting this and insists I need a licence purely as I own a TV.

jog on BBC, jog on.

Caporegime
People still say this? Why watch it?
I dont fall asleep on purpose - I still watch in the hope of a good race, just like football fans do?!? I tape it so if I do fall asleep I dont miss that chance...

Why dont people have the ability to actually fore-reason before asking relatively stupid questions or needlessly make assumptions?

Sigh I really wished I loved F1 like you lot do, sadly I dont any more and as such I wont be going out of my way to watch it in the future...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom