BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched F1 since about '91. Never missed a race or qualifying, at one job I even had the TV set-up for when I worked Saturdays. When Sky said they'd got F1 I was adamant that I would not pay for it but the temptation is too great. Especially after seeing the W03!

Just called Sky to see how much it'd be to get turned back on along with the F1 channel, turns out they'll give me TV without movies & sport but with HD and F1 for £20 per month for 6 months. I tried my luck and asked if they he could make it 12 months but he said he couldn't but to call back in six months (he even gave me a date) and whoever dealt with my call shouldn't have a problem giving me another 6 months. Also I wouldn't be under any contract so could cancel at any time.

I'd suggest anyone in a similar situation should do the same, if you want to watch but think £30 is too much, give them a call and see what offer they can do for you.

Just to follow up on this I don't think you've got this right Shimmy.
On each Sky account you can have up to 9 secondary users who can login to My Sky for functions such as remote record and login to Sky Go. However these secondary accounts are effectively extensions of the main primary account, and that primary account can only register 2 devices on Sky Go at one time. These devices can be unregistered on the Sky Go website but I think only once a month (presumably to stop too much sharing of logins).

I've setup my brother and my parents on my account so they can watch the F1 on Sky Go, the only drawback is that means I can't use Sky Go on my phone as the two registered devices have been allocated.

That probably makes more sense, I was posting what I had read in the mobile forum.

I can certainly use different devices on two different logins for the same primary account. But I've only ever tried on 2 devices so far.

Just a heads up, a quick look in the SkyGo Android thread looks like people have got more than 1 Sky account working with 2 devices each (guy in there with 4 devices on a single subscription), so SkyGo may be an option for more people.

Just a heads up, a quick look in the SkyGo Android thread looks like people have got more than 1 Sky account working with 2 devices each (guy in there with 4 devices on a single subscription), so SkyGo may be an option for more people.

I would like to say that I do not have 6 devices registered to the same sky account.

Nope, not me. Can't be done...

*cough*

I would like to say that I do not have 6 devices registered to the same sky account.

Nope, not me. Can't be done...

*cough*

Until they close the obvious loophole. Not to mention that giving out your sky isername and password is a breach of their T's and C's and they could bar you from using the service. You don't pay your money, breach the t and C's and use more devices than their own limits say and you takes your chances I guess.

I tested out the 19.2E solution this afternoon. It all worked well. Next step is to permanently fix the satellite in place and blat a hole through the wall to get the cable to the TV.

Until they close the obvious loophole. Not to mention that giving out your sky isername and password is a breach of their T's and C's and they could bar you from using the service. You don't pay your money, breach the t and C's and use more devices than their own limits say and you takes your chances I guess.

Giving out my sky username? Where did I say that? 2 phones, 2 laptops and 2 desktops all in the same flat.

Anyway, it's 2 per account. It also states this on the additional users page.

Add up to nine additional users to your Sky household account so they can enjoy the same benefits and services as you. Some of these will also need to be activated (eg. Remote Record).

I added the bold bit, but that means SkyGo to me, otherwise, whats the point of having additional users.

Yeah, there's no breaking of T&Cs going on. Just doing what Sky says you can.

Don't know if there is a limit on simultaneous devices in use for SkyGo though?

Also, does anyone know if you can add an existing Sky ID as an additional user? My GF already has a Sky ID but I can only create new users on the additional users page, not add an existing user?

Last edited:
More fuel for the Sky adverts fire. Just opened my F1 racing mag and the big double page SSF1 advert incudes this line:

"With unprecedented coverage and every race live and uninterrupted, this season"

:(

More fuel for the Sky adverts fire. Just opened my F1 racing mag and the big double page SSF1 advert incudes this line:

"With unprecedented coverage and every race live and uninterrupted, this season"

:(

Wouldn't be surprised if they had ads next year with the race still being shown in a small window in the top corner, with no race sound during the ad break.

Although I think paying a sub and having adverts is pretty wrong, the ones on Eurosport are very short (usually one advert) so might be something like that. Anything but the ITV ones :eek:

The only saving is the BBC still having live races. Nobody will want to advertise on Sky Sports during the race if all the viewers are just going to switch over to the BBC while the ads are on.

I'm expecting adverts during the Sky exclusive races in 2013.

Stupid Question Alert:

Do i need a dish to access Sky+ HD? I am tempted by the F1 and HD+ option for £30.25 a month! However, i cannot have a dish installed where I live as it is listed.

Yes you do, but it doesn't have to be attached to the property itself, you can get some which are on a pole at the bottom of the garden for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom