BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Great news now get rid of them all and start the show again.

I still think that the line up should have been Jodie Kidd, Jay Kay, Sabine Schmitz (Stigg) and some comedian like John Bishop. The current list of presenters are just an after thought and what I'd consider scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Guy Martin was my pick, he would have been brilliant I think.

Mind you I thought Evans wasn't too bad.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I thought this before we knew what the "new Top Gear" would be like. I guess back then we had no idea they were going to copy the same format :)

Soldato
Slightly OT, but seemed like a good place to ask. What's the name of the irish motoring journalist who's appeared on fifth gear a few times? Dark hair and glasses...

It came to mind because I was waiting for baggage at Rome airport a few weeks ago and heard a familiar voice talking to people about Ferrari engines.... I just couldnt ever remember his name. I definitely recognised him but I do remember him being a pretty good presenter of car stuff

Soldato
Guy Martin was my pick, he would have been brilliant I think.

Mind you I thought Evans wasn't too bad.

Guy Martin wouldn't want and probably wouldn't do a great job as the main presenter, it's not his thing at all.

He would have done well in a "special guest" or co-host based out of the studio/office type role I reckon where he's allowed to speak his mind.

Thank goodness Chris Evans is gone :D next season isn't going to be that much better though I don't think. People are wanting/expecting Clarkson, Hammond & May content and will never get it from anyone but those three.

Last edited:
Associate
Are the BBC really expecting to still make money by selling this new top gear show to a global audience? I mean who would want to watch this new series even on Dave in a couple of years time?

I think a complete reboot and a clear out of the producers is required to give us a new show especially when those same producers couldn't look after the talent they had developed over the years.

The BBC director who made the decision to fire JC also needs to get fired himself.

They have done the same to Bargain hunt by getting rid of Tim Wonnacott, probably a decision made by the same BBC boss who needs to just get up out of his chair and walk out the door now.

Soldato
How does the NSX's drive by wire braking system work in the event of a failure of some sort?

Similar to a Mercedes possibly.

When there's a problem it compromises your entry into corner 1, then miraculously comes back for corner 2, but forces the driver to be unable to turn at said corner.

My best guess as a british Engineer :D

Caporegime
My void for car shows has been mostly replaced by Motor Trend channel on YT, they do cool car reviews as well as more technical stuff like building an engine or head to head challenges. Good production, likeable presenters, good variety of cars, interesting locations and plenty of subject matters, much more than Top Gear.

This one came out today

If anyone wants a more top gear challenge style show then the Roadkill section of the MT channel is pretty awesome. They build rediculous vehicles from (generally) old bangers and then do silly things with them.

Back
Top Bottom