BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Man of Honour
Are the BBC really expecting to still make money by selling this new top gear show to a global audience? I mean who would want to watch this new series even on Dave in a couple of years time?

I'm sure I read somewhere that this has been the most profitable series yet in terms of selling it off to other countries.

Permabanned
Mike Brewer? Seriously, he is a ******* of the highest order and the most useless salesman I have ever seen. (Having Edd locked up in his garage is the only thing that makes that show)

Brewer : Were looking for 10 grand for this car today.
Punter : I will offer you 5k.
Brewer : Meet me in the middle, 4k? Go on! Old out yer aaaand!
Punter : er, yes, I will gladly pay that.

Soldato
Mike Brewer? Seriously, he is a ******* of the highest order and the most useless salesman I have ever seen. (Having Edd locked up in his garage is the only thing that makes that show)

LOL

Have to say it can be like that sometimes on Wheeler Dealers!

After all the hard work and effort just for a couple of grand (or less!)
And poor old Edd does all the donkey work.

Wish they would come back to the UK though and stop doing up silly American cars.

Man of Honour
keep rory reid, keep mlb, keep chris harris. Work on those 3 as a formula and give them time to develop.

The chemistry between the 3 top gear hosts wasn't there from the first season, especially since may wasn't even in that 1st season ! With time, it prove to be very entertaining.

Observe the way they set up the "characters" in the end compettion. Chris harris the serious racing driver tinkering with aerodynamics, matt the american not wanting the stig to drive off with his sandwich, etc...

They are finding their top ger personas the same way james may was always the grumpy captain slow, and clarkson the shouty loud one. it can work. mark my words.

Those 3 had a bit of a laugh going in the second half of the last extra gear - I don't really think Reid fits the main show as a permanent feature though - keep him on extra gear IMO.

Soldato

Omg I laughed so hard at this! Thanks for making my day :D

Soldato
Despite having some major doubts about the new show, I think Matt Leblanc is pretty decent. Sure he is dry but at least he is not faking it, he just seems honest and laid back. I also think he is funny, he just doesn't force it like the other presenters.

Good thing he doesn't have this Chris Evans **** to get in his way now. You could almost feel him cringing everytime that idiot talked.

Soldato
Rory is alight, he's young and pretty enthusiastic. Matt being the main host on his own now is a good sign.

Matt does a good job at introducing segments and doing the pre-recorded parts but I don't know how he would be with the celebrity interviews as he tends to talk quietly and subdued (you can see him do it in Extra Gear or when he's on a chat show).

Rory might do quite well at the interviews, does a good job on Extra Gear but then they've just been comedians rather than some of the big stars that come on the show occasionally.

Perhaps they should just ditch the star in the car bit :D

Soldato
The last episode was fantastic, some great segments which were really nicely shot. Especially when you watch it after its aired so you can skip through the celebrity part :D

Associate
Tbh, he didn't really give them much choice. You can't go around punching people at work. Especially in such a public facing company, once it was out in the open what happened it was game over really.

If Hollywood fired it's actors which threw a strop then some great films would not have been made.

I watch the old episode's of top gear and to me Clarkson is one of this country's stars and should have been treated better even though he did what he did it should have been kept quiet and not made public.

Caporegime
If Hollywood fired it's actors which threw a strop then some great films would not have been made.

I watch the old episode's of top gear and to me Clarkson is one of this country's stars and should have been treated better even though he did what he did it should have been kept quiet and not made public.

And if it ever became public then the BBC would have been crucified in the press for treating him differently because he makes them money.

Soldato
And if it ever became public then the BBC would have been crucified in the press for treating him differently because he makes them money.

It didn't need to be made public, it could have been sorted out between the two of them, a final written warning for Clarkson to show it was taken as serious. The other guy wanted it public so he could get a payout.

Back
Top Bottom