Beat saber

Underboss
I struggled at first with beat saber on normal but after about a week i was playing on Hard, 2 months later still can't pass a level on Expert :p

I had the demo on the day i got my quest (Friday night) I got A rating in a couple of goes
2nd night i got S rating (this is on normal BTW)

bought the game, i tried the same one on Hard, failed straight away every time, god its hard lol

Underboss
A Very Proud moment in my Life has just happened

took 3 goes today to get this , i actually felt a tear, i could not believe i done it

i looked at my surrounding at bit more, and see if i could "sidestep" rather than swing "across" the boxes, so that's what i did !

QJvQWav.jpg.png

Soldato
Hi. Sorry for noob question. I have had PCVR since the DK2 launched but never looked at beat saber. Until I tried it on my mates quest.

I am now very interested in it but I think it would be better for me on my shiny new quest 2.

Is it possible to add the custom tracks on the quest like on the pc version or are you limited to the official tracks?
Thanks

Caporegime
Hi. Sorry for noob question. I have had PCVR since the DK2 launched but never looked at beat saber. Until I tried it on my mates quest.

I am now very interested in it but I think it would be better for me on my shiny new quest 2.

Is it possible to add the custom tracks on the quest like on the pc version or are you limited to the official tracks?
Thanks

Yes

https://bsaber.com/oculus-quest-custom-songs/

Soldato
Thanks I just did a Google and was about to edit my post and apologise for being lazy ;).
So it's doable but seems quite a faff and also seems like the Devs are doing their best to stop it when patches are released......

Tough decision, do I buy for quest 2 with advantage of being fully untethered or buy on steam and have a slightly shinier version playing on my G2 and not risk getting locked out with modding.

Soldato
Has anyone had the tracking go out on the quest 2? I've been playing it mainly on hard and on a couple of the custom songs you have to really go for it, I've had the lightsaber literally disappear

Soldato
Thanks I just did a Google and was about to edit my post and apologise for being lazy ;).
So it's doable but seems quite a faff and also seems like the Devs are doing their best to stop it when patches are released......

Tough decision, do I buy for quest 2 with advantage of being fully untethered or buy on steam and have a slightly shinier version playing on my G2 and not risk getting locked out with modding.

I'm wondering the same, I figure the steam version will be best for modding, but I guess even if I get virtual desktop working with low latency, it's still going to be smoother if I buy it on the quest 2.

Associate
Don't know if there are any other PSVR players in here. New update just dropped and has ruined it for me.

The new interface is horrible IMO. Don't like the way it is layed out or the fact you now get a rumble in the move controller whenever you highlight something that can be clicked on. Stupidly there is no option to turn this off. Worse though is that my tracking has gone up the wazoo, the timing of the tracks feels off and when I do slice a block the lovely tactile sensation I used to get from the move controller is completed dilated. Tried a few different tracks from various song packs, not completing any, before I had to turn it off :rolleyes: Gutting for me personally as this was one of the things getting me through lockdown 2.0

Underboss
Don't know if there are any other PSVR players in here. New update just dropped and has ruined it for me.

The new interface is horrible IMO. Don't like the way it is layed out or the fact you now get a rumble in the move controller whenever you highlight something that can be clicked on. Stupidly there is no option to turn this off. Worse though is that my tracking has gone up the wazoo, the timing of the tracks feels off and when I do slice a block the lovely tactile sensation I used to get from the move controller is completed dilated. Tried a few different tracks from various song packs, not completing any, before I had to turn it off :rolleyes: Gutting for me personally as this was one of the things getting me through lockdown 2.0

sorry to hear this, but im sure there's a new music pack dropped today

il try my Quest 1 and see if its ok

Associate
^ Yes, BTS music pack has just dropped. Not my cup of tea but would ordinarily buy it anyway, as I have all the others, but not with the game as it is at the moment for me.

Underboss
seems ok on Quest, indecently I noticed in the practice mode , speed normally says 1.05, its now say 1, which felt odd when playing, i put it back yo 1.05 and its ok

Question, obstacles (walls) if you go through them (not your sabers) do you loose points or anything?

Associate
OP

Thank you for this, its prompted me to update the OP. Let me know if there's anything wrong or to add.

Just a warning about oculus purchases - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-24-deleting-facebook-also-deletes-your-oculus-purchases

A Very Proud moment in my Life has just happened

took 3 goes today to get this , i actually felt a tear, i could not believe i done it

i looked at my surrounding at bit more, and see if i could "sidestep" rather than swing "across" the boxes, so that's what i did !

QJvQWav.jpg.png

Nice! Keep it up, you'll be smashing expert+ in no time.

I struggled at first with beat saber on normal but after about a week i was playing on Hard, 2 months later still can't pass a level on Expert :p
The main thing I found that helps me with higher levels is to try not to over think. Like Lokiss said earlier "If the beat map is decent, you don't really have to think. Your arms will be in the right place to naturally swing the way of the arrows."
Have you tried practice mode? You could load up expert on 80% speed for example.

Last edited:
Soldato
I purchased the full version of Beat Saber last night. Hard to believe that I am in VR since almost the beginning and am only getting Beat Saber now!!

Started playing Solo, the very first song. Tried it on Normal, that was fine finished it pretty easily. Then did Hard, again finished it, but, it was of course harder.

Then I said to myself, sod it, lets try Expert plus.

WTF!!!!!!!!! LOL It was just a blur. Don't think I even last 10 seconds.

Was totally unprepared for the massive step up in difficulty. And not sure I will ever get that to that level. It's crazy.

So I went back to a much easier target and that's beating @RockSteddy on the Beat Saber scoreboard :p

One thing I did notice, I went and played Pistol Whip after Beat Saber and Pistol Whip felt so much slower. Got my best score ever.

Been addicted to two rhythm games will either make me fitter or give me a heart attack!! :D

EDIT: Damn you @RockSteddy, curses on you!! :p

EDIT 2: :cool::p:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom