Beginning of the end for Tesla & Musk ?

Soldato
wow @ referring to someone as "PEDO GUY" in a news article, on based on what appear to be totally unfounded allegations... That's his life wrecked for the time being, I hope he takes them all to the cleaners.

Soldato
Care to share? Had a quick look at the headlines page but I detest that **** rag and saw nothing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-slurred-Tesla-boss-row-rescue-Thai-boys.html

He should sue them too.

For what? Directly quoting Musk? "Pedo guy" is precisely what Musk stated in a tweak. You lefties are falling over yourselves in your virtue signalling which you'd know if you peeked over the parapet of your politically correct ivory towers once in a while.

Yeah £75k is pretty low I think, I think he should had asked for more then settled for lower as they do.

I'd have thought a 150k minimum.

Soldato
I simply can't understand why Musk would have a) made the comments in the first place b) reiterated the comments despite shareholder pressure and c) let it get this far.

It's an ugly affair and the litany media and social media faux pas' really are damaging his reputation now.

There are no punitive damages in the UK so wouldn't get much. If Musk doesn't have a presence in the UK I suppose he wouldn't get anything at all.

That's probably why he's chosen to file in LA to be honest.

Soldato
I think he is filing in London UK as well. As to why he made the comments I find that those who take recreational narcotics are very prone to irrational actions and statements.

You do realise Alcohol is a recreational narcotic, yes?

Or do you think it's legal status makes it immune from detrimental effects on the brain...

Man of Honour
I think he is filing in London UK as well. As to why he made the comments I find that those who take recreational narcotics are very prone to irrational actions and statements.

It's an interesting choice to file in both. I'm not an expert but from what I've read in the UK in a defamation case it's actually going to be the divers job to prove that Elon is wrong. Where as in the US, it is the opposite, and it's up to Elon to justify it.

Maybe the logic is, file in the US for the punitive damages, and then in the UK because I'm guessing this is where most of the press directly affecting the diver has been published? Winning the case in London would lead to all the papers clearing his name?

Soldato
The papers haven’t accused him of anything, they are directly quoting someone else (aka fact), there is nothing to clear.

As long as it’s in ‘quotes’ then reiterating the term used is fair game from a press point of view. Morally is another question but that is not what’s being asked here.

Soldato
The papers haven’t accused him of anything, they are directly quoting someone else (aka fact), there is nothing to clear.

As long as it’s in ‘quotes’ then reiterating the term used is fair game from a press point of view. Morally is another question but that is not what’s being asked here.

No but they've reported on the slander so possibly he's hoping they'll also report if he's successful in his case against Musk, gives him a wider platform to try and undo some of the damage that the accusations will have done to his reputation.

Man of Honour

I don't mean the papers are liable. But they are far more likely to report on a UK court case than an LA one, and a win in the UK would likely lead to papers publishing the result.

Soldato
I liked Musk at first, more because he was pushing the boundaries of the conversation. But sadly I think Musk his ego is making him lose the plot.

I watched the Joe Rogan podcast with him on the other day and he's actually sounding like Alex Jones. Someone made a video comparing the two speaking about the same thing crazy things.

Soldato
It's an interesting choice to file in both. I'm not an expert but from what I've read in the UK in a defamation case it's actually going to be the divers job to prove that Elon is wrong. Where as in the US, it is the opposite, and it's up to Elon to justify it.

I'm not a legal expert, but how do you prove a negative?

If someone says person A is a child molester, but there's no evidence of that, and no complaint from anyone - how can you win a deformation case, if you have to prove the allegation against A is wrong?

Soldato
I watched the Joe Rogan podcast with him on the other day and he's actually sounding like Alex Jones. Someone made a video comparing the two speaking about the same thing crazy things.

That’s a bit of a stretch...

There was no discussion about any conspiracy theory’s in the interview....

I think what you are referring to is the conversation about AI taking over sometime in the future. Something that isn’t an unreasonable expectation of you really think about it, especially if it can actually ‘think’ and improve its self independently. The fact politicians don’t listen or take any interest in issues they don’t understand or comprehend isn’t new.

Soldato
A druggie thought my dog was a hippopotamus the other weekend....

Yes, Elon Musk would be the total equivalent to that person, there's literally no difference between a person walking about the street delusional and tripping on drugs and a Billionaire Philanthropist Engineer who took a drag on a legal, recreational, fairly light mild relaxant and anti-inflammatory on an internet show one time. Why are you posting this utter drivel Chris?

Back
Top Bottom