Being followed/stalked

Associate
As well as getting CCTV etc, as already mentioned by others, you should also start a notebook of incidents. Ask to speak to the anti-social behaviour team and a neighbourhood officer as well next time you speak to the police.

Soldato
Next time he is following you, there are no witnesses and you deem it safe to other road users. When he is behind you ram his car in reverse and then you can say he rammed you.

You mean roll up to a roundabout, emergency break so he hits the back of you and call the police... ;)

Cant wait for this boxing stance fetish to die. :o

Attitudes like that will only make it become the first response to everything

/takes up boxing stance

Man of Honour
Kill him with kindness. Offer to clean his place, wash his car and get his groceries. When doing the latter, throw in a box of these...

ZgNrj.jpg

On a more serious note, record everything. Most smart phones are capable of recording a conversation. Get your hands on a wireless IP camera to record any shenanigans he may get up to. Log everything with a time. If your neighbours are willing to help, get them to do the same.

The old guy has lost it. He might be in his 70s but this is no reason for apathy. If he is genuinely ill with a personality disorder or some sort of psychotic episode, there's a good chance that he won't know when to stop and the situation could become quite dangerous. Keep badgering the police and make clear your concern for his mental health and your concern for the safety of you and your partner. Notify social services too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Needs to be in a home/secure facility tbh.

Go down that route, from the sounds of it a social worker would have him in a padded van by the end of the week.

Just raise concern multiple times (also if multiple people do it, others in the block) it will help your case.

He sounds like he's suffering from a case of paranoia, potentially schizophrenia even - he should looked after (but away from the rest of the population as he clearly could be a danger based on how irrational he is).

Man of Honour
I just asked my wife (who works in behavioural health) whether or not social services would be interested in such a case. She said that they most definitely would but it would need to be approached in the correct manner. A referral from the police would be most likely to yield a response as they would be obligated to investigate.

Soldato
Get a mate in on it with you.. Late at night drive out somewhere into the middle of nowhere, down a back country lane and off the beaten track into some woods or something. Then stop with your mate blocking him in behind then drag him out of his car and tell him that he either stops hassling you and your family and every one else or this is the last anyone will ever see of him. If he agrees then let his tyres down and drive off. If he doesnt get a hosepipe, attach to his exhaust and put it into the car with him inside holding the doors closed. Job done... Oh and yes i am a bit evil... (BTW This is in no way a serious suggestion just something i once saw in a film.. Err honest)

Otherwise like others have said, call social services and record anything he does. There is a old nutter that lives down the road from my mum that is crazy. I am sure he should be in a home.

There is tollerance and there is the line... People like that need to be pushed to the line otherwise they will just keep at it.

Soldato
He sounds like he's paranoid, almost of a bipolar nature. he needs a psych analysis stat. Do you know which gp he goes too? you could ring them and tell them of your concerns, SS will be next to useless as usual, Community psych team may be very useful here.

Back
Top Bottom