Being Sued by Atari/Davenport !

at the end of the day breaking the law, is breaking the law - speeding is more risky cos it can cost lives, so think before ppl go off the handle at the ppl who claim to D/L

I am not saying people should illehgally download, but if a fellow forumite wishes too, is there any need to flame him/her down so much

Whether they download or not is by their choice, flaming them for it is irrelevant.

take your remedial psychoanalysis elsewhere please.
:rolleyes: Every time anyone points anything out that may contradict you, you resort to calling them rich kids or asking how much they, or their daddy earns. You clearly have some kind of chip on your shoulder and seem to resent anyone that you think may not be as "working class" as you. /shrug

In the mean time you completely ignore the entire argument put to you (like you don't have to have "spare" cash or be rich to not torrent games).

It's pointless trying to discuss it with you so i'll stop right here. You're happy ripping stuff off so that's down to you.

I do find it wrong that laws designed to stop people from selling fakes at car boots etc are being used for some kid downloading a game in his bedroom.

I mean, when games came on tapes didn't we all do some copies for our friends? I guess it's a hugely bigger problem with the internet and needs clamping down eventually but these laws aren't suited to it - suing a kid thousands of pounds for downloading one game? Crazy.

I do find it wrong that laws designed to stop people from selling fakes at car boots etc are being used for some kid downloading a game in his bedroom.

I mean, when games came on tapes didn't we all do some copies for our friends? I guess it's a hugely bigger problem with the internet and needs clamping down eventually but these laws aren't suited to it - suing a kid thousands of pounds for downloading one game? Crazy.

Attempting to justify illegal piracy, ban.

;)

"There is no difference between stealing a DVD from a high street retailer and downloading it from a peer-to-peer network.
i hate that BS!
ofcourse there is , stealing from a shop = shop lifting
downloading on the internet = copyright theft......

you know these people a lot of you defend would hapily sue you for borrowing DVd's or games to you friends if they could get away with it right? its still a lost sale in there eyes even if your friend would never have bought bought the film/game in the first place.

NO IM NOT SAYING ITS RIGHT TO PIRATE FILMS ,APPS ,MUSIC AND GAMES JUST MERELY POINTINT SOMETHING OUT.

Don't they have "piracy funds terrorism" or "fund paedophiles" claptrap ads? :-/ What next "piracy funds cannibal baby eating terrorists nazis"

Speeding doesn't cause accidents. Inappropriate use of speed causes accidents.

Burnsy

indeed but if something out of your control happens, for example someone runs out in front of you in a 30 zone when your doing 40, you hit them regardless of the speed, but their chances of survival drop quite dramatically so yes 40 in a 30 is inappropriate as its an area where such an event is predicted to be likely.

"The man in charge of the case, David Gore, said: "There is no difference between stealing a DVD from a high street retailer and downloading it from a peer-to-peer network."

This is rubbish, if you steal something from a shop then the shop loses money/the stock, if you steal something from the Internet then no one loses anything except potential loss of earnings to the game producers.

If a game is good people will buy it, sadly most games are terrible for the PC.

More people should do what Blizzard do and design things to be multiplayer friendly, then you can't even properly enjoy the game without having a legit copy and playing online much like Diablo 2 and WoW

indeed but if something out of your control happens, for example someone runs out in front of you in a 30 zone when your doing 40, you hit them regardless of the speed, but their chances of survival drop quite dramatically so yes 40 in a 30 is inappropriate as its an area where such an event is predicted to be likely.

Then it's not appropriate. What about 80 on a dry, well lit, empty motorway?

Burnsy

"The man in charge of the case, David Gore, said: "There is no difference between stealing a DVD from a high street retailer and downloading it from a peer-to-peer network."

This is rubbish, if you steal something from a shop then the shop loses money/the stock, if you steal something from the Internet then no one loses anything except potential loss of earnings to the game producers.

So the loss of earnings has shifted from the developer to the retailer. Other then that it has remarkable similarities.

Burnsy

Then it's not appropriate. What about 80 on a dry, well lit, empty motorway?

Burnsy

if you have a blow out, lose control, an animal runs out and startles you etc, you are more likely to go over the barrier (on either side) and as such create an unexpected obstacle for oncoming traffic, or if it's an elevated motorway, then off the side on to another road/path/house etc.

Emergency services then have to risk them selves getting you out of a badly damaged car with the risk of fire etc.

Back
Top Bottom