Being Sued by Atari/Davenport !

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I did pay, however now I'm wondering whether I should have done.

You shouldn't have.

Lyons have not yet taken anybody to court, and have sent well over 1000 letters about this now.

At the very least, write a letter back saying that you would like to see the evidence they have that you downloaded the file.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
So you think it's perfectly fine to break the law?

can cannot be as black and white about the law and legality in general as you're trying to be.

i'd never advocate breaking the law for some things, but other things are hardly worth such overreactions as this...

£505 for pirating a £35 computer game?

Soldato
You shouldn't have.

Lyons have not yet taken anybody to court, and have sent well over 1000 letters about this now.

At the very least, write a letter back saying that you would like to see the evidence they have that you downloaded the file.

Was last October I think, but they "sued" my parents as the internet bills are in their name, and they made me pay - as well as the fact they were like "We told you so" :mad:

Caporegime
"Fortunately, these ‘victories’ mean little, as Davenport chose not to go after people who defend themselves, instead picking on people they knew wouldn’t even come to court."

In other words their evidence would not stand up in a court.

Soldato
Good, I hope anyone illegally downloading games are sued big time. I know EA and that type of company makes billions of years from games, but the actual people who worked on the game get hardly anything considering how hard they work. Downloading games also puts decent small studios, like IronLore, out of business.

Soldato
Good, I hope anyone illegally downloading games are sued big time. I know EA and that type of company makes billions of years from games, but the actual people who worked on the game get hardly anything considering how hard they work. Downloading games also puts decent small studios, like IronLore, out of business.

Well thats your opinion, and if the boot was ont he other foot.....

I however think that the focus should be on music, as for what the end user is getting is way more overpriced than a game.

Soldato

So your telling me that if i download 1 game I put a business out of work , but if i didn't then all of a sudden all these greedy corporations are going to pay there staff better?

Back
Top Bottom