Being Sued by Atari/Davenport !

Man of Honour
OP
I haven't paid and don't plan too. It wasn't sent recorded delivery. Big shock though when I opened the letter this morning. I will keep you all posted. My ISP is Be There and I used Bitlord and it was a Dopeman file.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I haven't paid and don't plan too. It wasn't sent recorded delivery. Big shock though when I opened the letter this morning. I will keep you all posted. My ISP is Be There and I used Bitlord and it was a Dopeman file.

The best thing to do when accused of breaking the law is to admit it on a public forum :cool:

Soldato
At the very least, write a letter back saying that you would like to see the evidence they have that you downloaded the file.

They usually send it with demand actually, I've seen a couple sent to companies. They show the IPs of people connected to a swarm, show the details of the client at that IP and show the details that the ISP provide for who was leasing that IP at the time. It's pretty solid really in showing that that IP was sharing (it's the sharing that's important, not the downloading). Considering that this would be a civil suit and a preponderance of guilt is all they need can you be sure that you would be able to come up with a more believable reason to show that you didn't do it?

Soldato
They usually send it with demand actually, I've seen a couple sent to companies. They show the IPs of people connected to a swarm, show the details of the client at that IP and show the details that the ISP provide for who was leasing that IP at the time. It's pretty solid really in showing that that IP was sharing (it's the sharing that's important, not the downloading). Considering that this would be a civil suit and a preponderance of guilt is all they need can you be sure that you would be able to come up with a more believable reason to show that you didn't do it?

My printer did it?
http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-users-refuse-to-pay-copyright-fines-080615/

It is not a reliable way of collecting data and doesn't show who actually downloaded/shared the data.

Back
Top Bottom