Being Sued by Atari/Davenport !

Soldato
Peer Guardian is rubbish anyway. They have to connect before it blocks, so they already get the evidence before the connection has been blocked!

Err, last time I checked that's not the case. It blocks the I.P so the 'hand shake' cannot be completed. All they will have is your I.P address but won't be able to connect to you and prove that you are uploading.

Soldato
My printer did it?
http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-users-refuse-to-pay-copyright-fines-080615/

It is not a reliable way of collecting data and doesn't show who actually downloaded/shared the data.

Read the paper and see what they did, to circumvent that all you have to do is connect to the address in the swarm, if you get a connection, the peer is a member.
For those talking about encryption in bittorrent, that's only for the data transfer so ISPs and other people watching your line can't read it, it does nothing to stop the methods used to find people sharing by connecting to swarms.
Like I said being a civil suit they don't need as much proof and would probably win most of these, simple solution is don't download copyrighted stuff.

Soldato
If you took them to court they would be shot down in flames. The letter they are sending out is illegal for a start, you can't demand money from someone you suspect has commited a crime in exchange for not taking them to court. That is extortion. As said in the articles they only go after people when they will win the case by default because they would be crushed in court against any defense whatsoever.

They also have zero court worthy evidence that you did it. Unsecured wireless, viruses, dynamic IP adresses, etc.

Last edited:
Associate
some people need to get from up their own a**e - talking like they are a perfect member of society who has never broke the law before...

Back
Top Bottom