Being Sued by Atari/Davenport !

I've read through a lot of this thread and I can't find one that brings up the word "convenience". Why do people use steam to download games legally? Convenience surely? Getting sent a DVD box through the post or going to the high street to buy a game seems so backward when it comes to buying software.

I realise its nice to actually own something tangible when you've bought something, but personally I would rather buy online, download and play. Surely this should be seen as a wake up call to game publishers and creators and should start cutting out/down on middle-men (awful high street stores, distribution etc) and start releasing titles online with the money saved discounted from the final price?

Yes, piracy is wrong but while its there people will do it. Rather than suing a few people and fighting a war they will never win - give them an incentive NOT to do it. Steam is on the right track but still has inflated prices for the latest games.

Just my 2p ...
But then places like ****** (you probably know which e-store i'm talking about) wouldn't be able to sell games and other digital content at fantastic prices!

Last edited:
Doesnt really bother me if someone downloads a game i have purchased which is what most of these " you broke the law now pay through your teeth for it" really have bothering them, they paid hard cash fro something and someone else got it for free so they must have somehow got one over on them. On the same not though i dont feel its something that should be openly accepted as that would release what little control is on the practice.

This is not an anti-piracy thread, jesus there is enuff of them.. go flame elsewhere, i mean you guys know how a forum works or what!!

I have just recived the 40 page letter containing, what would seem a cut and shut case to take me for £540.

Its hard too make out in this thread but Is the concensus too ignore?

Has anyone ignored this past the 21day deadline?

Please folk on moral high horses about torrent sites... just get a life.

Cheers
Conor

This is not an anti-piracy thread, jesus there is enuff of them.. go flame elsewhere, i mean you guys know how a forum works or what!!

I have just recived the 40 page letter containing, what would seem a cut and shut case to take me for £540.

Its hard too make out in this thread but Is the concensus too ignore?

Has anyone ignored this past the 21day deadline?

Please folk on moral high horses about torrent sites... just get a life.

Cheers
Conor

You should definately ignore it so they can try you in your absense and screw you for £1,000's.

this aint no off-topic for me lol. i have the letter infront of me, its as on topic as you could get.

And sorry if i highlighted your bad forum conduct Cuchulain but Im a long time OC customer and i need help is that not the ethos of the place!

I'll go elsewhere, forget it

this aint no off-topic for me lol. i have the letter infront of me, its as on topic as you could get.

And sorry if i highlighted your bad forum conduct Cuchulain but Im a long time OC customer and i need help is that not the ethos of the place!

I'll go elsewhere, forget it

You need help because you pirated a game and you think that you're owed this help because you're an alledged long time customer of OCUK?

Classic!

Eh the forum topic is? Being Sued by Atari/Davenport ! so realy sorry i spoke..

And dont try and put words in my mouth.. that i feel im owed anything, i can speak for my self, what is the nature off a forum if it is not to help each other?

Your good, you make places like this just great..

Eh the forum topic is? Being Sued by Atari/Davenport ! so realy sorry i spoke..

And dont try and put words in my mouth.. that i feel im owed anything, i can speak for my self, what is the nature off a forum if it is not to help each other?

Your good, you make places like this just great..

My good what?

your just arguing for the sake of arguing now.. people like you ruin forums

Do you realy want me too go away that bad or were you bullied at school or something..

Nobody has argued with you, I never said I wanted you to go away, you're the one who got into a girly huff and said they were leaving.

PIRACY
fingerwag.gif

Back
Top Bottom