Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Just caught up with qually. What a great few laps from Button there, hope he has got his head around the set up and tyres again now. The grid could help him a lot here, with Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Webber being quite far down.

Had to go out to take the missus shopping so paused it on Sky Sports and had both that and BBC recording.

Come back... "insufficient disk space" ... the missus has only gone and recorded a shed load of Star Trek Voyager lol!

Just finished watching Q3 on Iplayer and I'll paste how I feel from what I just updated my facebook status with: :D:D:D

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET IN TEHRE MY SON!!!!!!! BEAUTTTTTTTTY!!! P1 P1 P1 !!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

OWNNNNEEEED \o/ :D :D :D

Oh dear lewis.

McLaren backed the wrong driver. I know I'm not a fan of any 1 driver tactics, but you dont give the fastest qualifying and race setup to the guy almost out of the title race.

But then again just to clarify this, Lewis told Jake that HE didn't like the feel of the new rear wing so opted for an older one. ;)

Why does everyone assume that saying 'McLaren' means 'everyone at McLaren except the driver'?

Of course Hamilton was involved in the decision. Doesn't stop it looking like a bad one.

Maybe I'm not interpreting your last comments very well but it looks like you said Mclaren have stuffed his weekend up with no mention about Lewis stuffing his own weekend up.

Maybe I'm not interpreting your last comments very well but it looks like you said Mclaren have stuffed his weekend up with no mention about Lewis stuffing his own weekend up.

It looks like everyone has interpreted my comment that way, but that's not what I meant. It comes from the culture on here of referring to 'the team' and 'the driver' as 2 seperate entities.

I dont get the old rear wing talk though. A high downforce setting is more than just a rear wing, and both the old and new wing could be set to a high or low downforce setting. The decision to go with more downforce seemed to be made regardless, and listening to the commentary it was a different strategy to most of the people around Lewis, not just Button.

Being behind a bunch of people faster than him in a straight line is going to make Hamilton's afternoon fairly difficult. I expect your right, i expect they wanted a Monza 2010 thing and for Hamilton to be starting from the front.

Hmm, while Hamilton was only 21st through the speed trap with just the 2 Caterhams and a Marussia behind him, Button was only 16th. Both are ~10kmh off the top cars (RBR).

Hi, I would have thought that if they fit a high downforce rear wing then that has to be balanced out with a complimentary front wing otherwise the car will understeer because the grip at the rear will be greater..
Chris

Back
Top Bottom