Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Soldato
How do you work that one out?

All I was saying is the full break from Hungary has not been a shutdown for the teams. McLaren have been back at work from the 13th no?

Nevermind that most of these updates were planned well before the break. So I am not sure why people are posting as if teams have ignored the shutdown.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Someone got there before me!
theres a new rule about signatures now? its not like its a copyrighted image and i need permission to use it.
it was also my own image if you bothered to look the file size was different and it was hosted at a different place

i like how i can barely post in here without being trolled and nothing happens but omg if i dare take an image of an mp4-27 and use it as my signature it hurts dukes monopoly

Last edited:
Soldato
So, are you suggesting that he kept getting lucky and stumbled into the best car?
What about when he used to lap his team-mates?
What about when he used to heavily outscore his team-mates and while at Bennetton flavio kept searching for a team-mate who could at least come close to him...but failed?

His consistency through a 12 year period.
His ability to get his team together and fight for his cause.
His ability to get the most out of the car in any weather conditions.
His ability to drive the car when it was broken (have we forgotten when he drove to second place in Barcelona while stuck in 5th gear for almost the entire race?)
These are all reasons why he was so great.

I honestly could keep going on and on, but you get the idea.
For me, the only guy who could take him was Alonso.
Until Alonso arrived, for MSc not win the title in any given year, he either had to have a broken leg or a car which was vastly inferior to the competition. The moment he had the best car in the field, all sorts of records were broken.

Senna was arguably the fastest driver ever to have lived.
But MSc was the most complete driver to have ever lived.

...I'm doing Arknor's work for him. :eek:

Caporegime
i found a list of dates the teams decided to close on for their 14 days
Red Bull
Friday 3 - Friday 17

McLaren
Monday 30 (July) - Monday August 13

Ferrari
No dates given

Mercedes
Monday 6 - Monday 20

Lotus
Monday 6 - Monday 20

Force India
Monday 6 - Monday 20

Sauber
Monday 6 - Monday 20

Toro Rosso
Sunday 5 - Sunday 19

Williams
Monday 6 - Monday 20

Caterham
Monday 6 - Monday 20

HRT
Monday 6 - Monday 20

Marussia
Monday 6 - Monday 20

Soldato
None at all.

It was only a sponsorship deal to start with anyway.
If only Caterham kept the Team Lotus name...

We've still got one of their show cars in reception (although it has recently been moved from the white building to the old reception/shop) so there must still be some kind of relationship even if there's no money changing hands.

Soldato
Roll on FP1 – it's been a long wait.

As per the blurb in the OP:
Alonso, Button and Webber have never won here; Vettel, Hamilton and Massa have only won once before; only Kimi and Msc have won more than once.

What ever happens, we're going to see a little bit of history being made. :cool:

Don
theres a new rule about signatures now? its not like its a copyrighted image and i need permission to use it.
it was also my own image if you bothered to look the file size was different and it was hosted at a different place

i like how i can barely post in here without being trolled and nothing happens but omg if i dare take an image of an mp4-27 and use it as my signature it hurts dukes monopoly

A signature is a form of identification. It would be extremely trivial if we all just kept nicking everyone else's sigs and used them as our own. Renaming a sig and hosting it in a different place hardly counts :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom