Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2019, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 13/21

Rate the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but why are the cars slower here than last year? 1:41.5 last year vs 1:42.5 this year?
It was mentioned, but no clear answers yet. The only team who beat their qualifying time from last year was McLaren, and even then they only did it by 0.1s. Mercedes were over 1.7s slower in qualifying, year on year. I can only assume the tyre compounds brought here were harder than last year.

Caporegime
The tyres were probably rubbish, gimping performance through intentionally poor tyres is the type of thing the FIA would do.

Don
Caporegime
I don't have sky so was listening on 5 Live!
Seems I missed Alex's overtake on Perez. Also he finished within 1.7 seconds of Vettel.

That's a pretty damned good debut for Red Bull imo

5th equals Max's worst finish of the season, but is a position Gasly has matched only twice. I think it's a acceptable outcome. Not great, but not bad either.

Man of Honour
That was a ok race, nothing very special though. Nice drive from Lewis towards the end but gutted for Norris. When I had Sky F1 I hated that idiot Croft with his ridiculous commentating and now I am watching the highlights on C4 Coulthard is starting to bug me. Why does he insist in saying under rotate and under rotation all of the time? It's as if he is trying to squeeze them in as many times as possible. Why the hell can't he just say locked up or run wide?

Caporegime
How many times has max started from the back????

As we've seen repeatedly this season, starting from the back is little penalty for the top teams. Now you could say that Albon only got beaten by the Ferraris and the Mercedes and that would be true, but it's only true because Norris's car gave out at the very last. Albon's performance wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. We'll get a better impression next race if Max makes it past the first lap.

Man of Honour
Finally home!

Had to vote a 10 on the poll as was my first live race, and was amazing (apart from the obvious :()

Certainly an eventful weekend and an entertaining F1 race.

Anyone see the live footage today as Hamilton sees the crash unfold? Really moving. He has become such an ambassador for the sport.

Can’t wait for monza. Especially to see where red bull are now. We should get some good races, Mercedes are slightly down in quali now from where they were, but their race is insane. Next year should be good.

Soldato
Certainly an eventful weekend and an entertaining F1 race.

Anyone see the live footage today as Hamilton sees the crash unfold? Really moving. He has become such an ambassador for the sport.

Can’t wait for monza. Especially to see where red bull are now. We should get some good races, Mercedes are slightly down in quali now from where they were, but their race is insane. Next year should be good.

Yeah, Hamilton is truly a class act, one of if not the greatest of all time.

Also believe Albon cut an interview short as he saw the crash unfold :(

If anyone is thinking of going to Spa, i'm writing a little guide as I found when planning the weekend that decent information in English was hard to come by, let me know if you'd like a copy when it's done :)

Soldato
Yeah, Hamilton is truly a class act, one of if not the greatest of all time.

Also believe Albon cut an interview short as he saw the crash unfold :(

If anyone is thinking of going to Spa, i'm writing a little guide as I found when planning the weekend that decent information in English was hard to come by, let me know if you'd like a copy when it's done :)

Looking forward to that.

Back
Top Bottom