BenQ BL3201PH 32" 4k

Associate
@Greebo and any other owners

You have my attention from the Sammy thread ;)

What sort of GPU's do you guys have pushing this beast ? I have a 980 SLI setup....enough to hit 60 locked in Elite and maybe DCS world , and even a bit of Project Cars ?

How small is the on screen text ? Im a bit blind.....1440p probably my limit

Any BLB/glow ?

Any banding that youve seen ?

on scale of 1-10 how awesome is it ? ;)

Caporegime
running two 290x here and yeah have to drop AA to get 60 fps in some screens but who needs tonnes of AA when u have 4k? ;)

Text can be small but with 125% windows scaling it matchs 1440p

Zero zip backlight and the least amount of ips glow ive seen on any screen tbh

No banding so far but need to test more games :)

11 on a 1 - 10 scale :D without doubt the most awesome screen ive ever owned :D

Associate
How does 125% test scaling end up looking ? On the Sammy it took on a distinct odd softness which wasn't ideal

What about scaling to a 1440p resolution for the more demanding stuff.....is that a 'thing' ? Does it look as good as a native 1440 at the size or take on some weird soft stretched look ?

A couple of 980s should be ok then...as you say shoudnt be need for AA !

After weeks of searching Im starting to get that little fizz that this could be the one ;)

Associate
thanks for the info....sorry for all the questions

4K wasn't even a thing on my radar , and tbh after trying the 21:9 Sammy , despite my personal issues with it, I wasn't sold on the whole Ultra Wide ratio anyway. So im a little out of the loop on the 4K scene , but getting up to speed quickly. Several articles suggest my rig should be good enough to drive it to the magic 60 ( with a few tweaks.....hopefully Geforce experience will have me covered as I like an easy life !)

Soldato
As an owner here - agree with all greebo comments. you'll be fine with it, it is a great monitor. Takes a while to get used to the size though - it is HUGE.

Mark

Soldato
Thanks Mark

Im surprised there is no ****OWNERS THREAD**** for this.......or is it too rare to warrant one at the moment ?

I dare you to start one. Lol. Too rare - don't think so, just that many either don't need this type of screen or just have not discovered how good it is;):D

Mark

Soldato
Not as far as I am aware - you could start the thread, maybe check with mods first in case I have it wrong.

Mark

Caporegime
I dare you to start one. Lol. Too rare - don't think so, just that many either don't need this type of screen or just have not discovered how good it is;):D

Mark

It just seems to have got missed. Maybe once pcm has finished his review or badass does one then there might be more of us.

To me it ticks all the boxes.

Not too big but big enough
IPS with no backlight bleed and very little IPS glow
Great colours
From the reviews ive seen its the fastest response IPS by a huge margin.
And superb Benq quality.

Last edited:
Associate
Hopefully the refund from my returned Danny will be back in the bank tomorrow and I can pull the trigger....especially if there is a review due , and if it's as awesome as I hope they might start getting hard to get hold of ;)

Feels like a secret only a few people know about at the moment !

Could do with OCUK getting them back in stock as well :)

Back
Top Bottom