BenQ BL3201PH 32" 4k

Soldato
It has arrived...absolutely epic!

Colours are superb and no dead pixels and no back light bleeding issues that I can see either :)

In awe of the 4k movies!

EDIT - Just fired up Project Cars....980ti managing 80-90fps in fraps and silky smooth....looking superb!..is this the most underrated 4k screen ever?

It does seem to not get the mentions it deserves.

It ticks all my boxes and I yet to hear of one with backlight bleed.

It can have minor issues with its dp cable and signal but thats fixable.

But overall for the money I dont think I could have done better.

You watched the costa rica 4k video yet? :D

Hi type R glad you have joined the happy owners club - enjoy.

Greebo - just watched the Costa Rica vid - stunning. We are so lucky ;):D

Mark

Permabanned
I am going to be buying a new screen on thte 24th of this month and was gonna go for the rog swift for gaming at 1440p. Do you guys recommend this Benq 4K one for gaming? Does the slower response time bother you when gaming? the 60hz is putting me off a bit.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am going to be buying a new screen on thte 24th of this month and was gonna go for the rog swift for gaming at 1440p. Do you guys recommend this Benq 4K one for gaming? Does the slower response time bother you when gaming? the 60hz is putting me off a bit.

I mainly play car sims and flight sims...all silky smooth and flicker free!!

Caporegime

Ive never found playing at 60Hz an issue on all my screens. I know some people do though on competitive fps.

Dont forget we are years away from 120Hz 4k screens. Maybe 5 years so ill change then if i feel i must have it.

Also unlike you will be running at more than 60fps anyway so its a perfect match.

I game a lot and i notice no issues with the screen. I think pcm review said the response and lag were excellent on this screen and competes with a lot of tn screens.

Associate
Just got one from OcUK. This week only deal. :D

I'll set it up tomorrow, but will I need 'quality' HDMI cable?
I have a few cheap ones lying around. They're probably 1.3 only.

You /need/ a DisplayPort cable to get 60hz. With HDMI you will only get 30hz. And if you buy a DP cable, don't buy a cheap one, you also /need/ a very good one...

Caporegime
Just got one from OcUK. This week only deal. :D

I'll set it up tomorrow, but will I need 'quality' HDMI cable?
I have a few cheap ones lying around. They're probably 1.3 only.

You get one with the screen but most of the issues some people have had with the odd screen flash seem to go away with the purchase of a decent dp cable :)

Enjoy your screen :D

Soldato
You /need/ a DisplayPort cable to get 60hz. With HDMI you will only get 30hz. And if you buy a DP cable, don't buy a cheap one, you also /need/ a very good one...

What good quality dp cable would you suggest - just curious as I think I need to get a better one for mine.

Mark

Associate
An excellent question. And a difficult one to answer. I personally really like the 21:9 aspect ratio and the increased FOV that brings to many games. I also find the UHD resolution a little too demanding on my current system.

On the other hand the extra height of the BenQ is good for the sake of immersion and the extra detail that the pixel density brings is really nice. I also prefer the screen surface on the BenQ as I'm really sensitive to this and found the Samsung just a little bit too grainy for my personal taste. Most people probably wouldn't take issue with this, however.

On balance I feel that for me the Samsung would be my preferred option, but I'd be quite happy with the BenQ if I had a more powerful GPU (or multiple GPUs). I really do enjoy both screens for different reasons. :)

Hi I read your review of the BL3200PT - Im looking to upgrade my monitor that I have had for 4years~ catleap glossy etc ...

Im actually debating between the 2 monitors you reviewed the benq BL3200PT and the Philips BDM4065UC.

Wife says I can get an early christmas present :)

So from what I gather:
benq: matte but not too bad, better input lag, 32inch size and may need to change scaling.
Philips: def need a large desk; bigger screen lower input lag but much better for movies.

So which one?
I do everything on my computer; movies, net, stock charts, games etc ...
(oh I realize Im going to need to upgrade the vidcard to run at 4k) - plan on getting a 980ti

Soldato
Hi I read your review of the BL3200PT - Im looking to upgrade my monitor that I have had for 4years~ catleap glossy etc ...

Im actually debating between the 2 monitors you reviewed the benq BL3200PT and the Philips BDM4065UC.

Wife says I can get an early christmas present :)

So from what I gather:
benq: matte but not too bad, better input lag, 32inch size and may need to change scaling.
Philips: def need a large desk; bigger screen lower input lag but much better for movies.

So which one?
I do everything on my computer; movies, net, stock charts, games etc ...
(oh I realize Im going to need to upgrade the vidcard to run at 4k) - plan on getting a 980ti

I really like both screens, but they are quite different. Really you'll have to decide which size of screen you'd be more comfortable with on your desk and whether you'd prefer a VA or IPS-type panel. I think you'd be really happy with either model to be honest. Personally I slightly prefer the BenQ BL3201PT because I am sensitive to PWM-artifacts and other motion anomalies and it offers a smoother performance in that department. I also prefer its pixel density, but it's a tough call.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom