BenQ BL3201PT Titan X funny horizontal flash down the screen and odd glitch

Associate
its on the right center about a inch thick like loads of little thin and thick lines only for 1 sec then its gone its happens a very odd time one or twice a day
i had this happen on my first monitor so i got it replaced this is my 2ed Ben Q BL3201PT so im sure it cant be the monitor
ive made sure the GPUs seated properly
i now have Titan X sli but i did not have it before the first monitor i got the 2ed card after i got the replacement monitor

i do have my cards overclocked

i got this today but it dont fit the casing is to big http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-2m-CR..._sim_ce_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=04NQQGHMM40F82C6K2MD

so i reorder the same one buy mini so hopefully it should fix the problem
its not a major problem but its annoying when you got a new monitor and 2 new GPUs

any input guys?

Associate
OP
yeah like a line i had or something els its really weird
i wonder if its the cable that come with it thats why ive ordered a new one will be here tomorrow
its not happend today atall but maybe one or twice a day

its not a good sign if we are both getting it :(

Soldato
No help to you guys, but I don't get this with either my Titan x or 3201PT. Will be interested to find out what causes it. Have you tried mini displayport as well as the usual one?

Associate
I have two screens side by side, on two machines, running from eVGA GTX 750's and I do see an odd flash now and then, perhaps once a day -possibly less-, on the screen I'm not watching from the corner of my eye... They both have done it tho...

I use two good quality 'fat ass' displayport cables, not the 'mini' DP's that shipped with the screens. I had quite a few problem with these (mostly failure to sync at startup)

I decided the flashes werent too much a problem, as long as it doesn't get worse it's totally negligible.

Associate
OP
yeah its just annoying when you paid a lot for it getting stuff like this happen
never had it with my Iiyama XB2779QS-B1 27inch 1440p
i just got a new cable http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007FKMVKK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
hoping this dose fix it

if your still getting it with your good quality cables its the monitors, this is my 2ed one
i was inbetween this and the Acer 32Inch B326HK
or do all monitors have stuff like this happen?
just hope it dont start to get worst

Associate
I was just about to pull the trigger on one of these this evening. Any update on whether the new cable fixed the issue romanlegion13th?

Another forum member mentioned issues with banding in another thread, which combined with this has me worried.

Associate
Here I used both my screens all day, and I havent noticed a single blip. So it's clearly quite rare. In fact I had been wondering wether it was the video cards, as they are the same...

As for banding, it's very very likely a bad cable. I did a LOT of tests on these screens, you need /top notch cables/.. Even DVI was a bit 'odd' with a substandard cable I tried at some point. I think for 4K 60hz you need a good cable, not just a random one.

Quite frankly, unless the 'issue' of blinking would get worse (hard to tell), I would still buy that screen. It'd be nice to hear about other people /without/ the issue, perhaps theres something else at play too..

Associate
OP
yeah ive still had it today so cant be the cable
i do have my cards overclocked ive just turned my overclock right down to see if thats the problem
i still have my 1440p 27inch monitor if this dont help going to plug that in see if i still get it, Titan X SLI 1440p LOL
ive emailed OCUK about it
i could live with it but if it starts getting worst i wont be able to live with it
£2500 on GPUs and monitors and you get problems

Associate
OP
im still getting it with the new cable is that cable i got good?
just the odd flash and glitch its annoying tbh and if it get worst will getting rid of it
i really like the monitor TBH dont want to get rid

i still got my 1440p monitor mite try that see if it helps
i could try my ASUS card at the top see if its the EVGA card ?

Associate
Hmm this is disappointing. I was all set to buy this but this seems like quite a common problem. Although saying that, my 27" DGM has been linked with a few issues and I've never had a problem with mine.

Associate
OP
tbh my old Iiyama XB2779QS-B1 27 IPS 1440 60hz was less than a year old and i got the odd fuzzy screen here and there loads of little dots, when i reset it was fine
ive been on mine today for 4 hours its not happened hmmm
i do really like this monitor tbh im not sure if ill return it tbh it is really good

Caporegime
I see the odd glitch now and again, last time was maybe a half hour ago and only seemed to affect one half (right side) of the screen. Could be something that would be fixed in a driver update or something i suppose.

I remember taking a screenshot in gta 5 and there seemed to be a glitch at the same time and the rain in the game showed as red.

Associate
I had the glitch this morning! The left side of the screen twitched for a frame or so. First time in days. I think it shows that 1) the screen is made of two parts and 2) it's /very likely/ to be due to cable interference...

BTW I haven't found the way to get in the service menu to check the firmware version. I wonder if they have a way of updating the firmware using a USB key or something..

Associate
All day yesterday i was playing GTA 5 and didn't notice a glitch, im going to try it again today and see if the problem gets any worse before i decide to keep it or return it, im trying a full fat displayport cable now. i contacted ocuk and they said its very unlikely that its the monitor and must be something else, but then why are 4-5 people on here having the same problem.

what is BenQ rma service like? any good?

Back
Top Bottom