Benq FP241W (Now available from OcUK!!!!!)

Associate
Just connected my screen up and the picture is amazing. Moved up from a 19" Viewsonic VX910. The screen seems huge and the colours much more vibrant and bright than my old panel. Tried the 360 quickly and that looks great too, all the pixel mapping options work fine for that.

edit: had a longer play now. The screen does not work with the 360 @ 1080p using vga but is fine @ 1080p over component but this is probably an MS issue since 1920x1080 is fine using a pc over vga. The only disadvantage to this is that the 360 does not upscale dvds over component but you get better results using your pc with ffdshow over dvi anyway. The 360 looks great, just as good as the toshiba 32WLT66 downstairs. As a pc screen the image is excellent too. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a multimedia screen. I can confirm that non-widescreen content is scaled properly using the aspect mode (i.e. no distortion).

Here are a couple of low quality pics from my k750i including a 30cm ruler for scale:

Last edited:
Associate

Wow that was quick! i already got it delivered. bcoz work haven't had the chance to play that much. will upload more image later. its dec'06 manufacture and firmware fixed.

as for the question Stormy i'm using Ati 9800XT with this beast and it works like charm. i'm running nfs:carbon on 1200x1040 pixel on 1:1 and you can see it got both vertical & horizontal black bar. and have checked it over with my g4 powerbook on d-sub and pixel mapping works fine on it as well.
Unfortunately i don't have xbox360 so cant say how component performs.
hopefully this answers all of your questions.

Last edited:
Associate
RichL said:
Just connected my screen up and the picture is amazing. Moved up from a 19" Viewsonic VX910. The screen seems huge and the colours much more vibrant and bright than my old panel. Tried the 360 quickly and that looks great too, all the pixel mapping options work fine for that.

Looking good Rich, I too have a VX910 at the moment and will either get this panel or the Z version.

Is it as nice and sharp as the old VX as thats one thing my VX still seems to be, a lot sharper than a lot of the cheaper and newer panels.

Cheers,

Mike

Associate
Sousuke said:
as for the question Stormy i'm using Ati 9800XT with this beast and it works like charm. i'm running nfs:carbon on 1200x1040 pixel on 1:1 and you can see it got both vertical & horizontal black bar. s.

Superb! Thanks very much, just what I need for my ATI card. Its either this or the Z version. I assume you are running via DVI on your ATI?

Thanks again for the help,

Mike

Associate
jimmyjimmyo said:
My 360 runs at 1080p Via componant (monitor displays that in the settings) but through VGA it shows as 1600xsomething This is something which microsoft are aware of and will try to fix in the next dash update.

dude u have mail :)

im having probs viewing on my screen, im getting a black border all around the screen while playing Farcry on my Xbox360.

Done the update and what not, any ideas people or have I numptied up somewhere :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

I noticed an behardware they state that PVA panels of which this LCD is have a "strong twinkling effect [in movies]".

What exactly is this? At the moment I have a VX910 (not sure what kind of panel it is) but I dont notice anything like twinkling effects when playing divx/xvid movies of any resolution.

Any ideas what this is? At the moment its putting me off buying any 24" panel.

Cheers,

Mike

PS: I posted this in both the Dell 24" and BenQ 24" threads as they are the two monitors I was really interested in till I noticed this comment on BE.

Associate
Baddass said:
8ms G2G, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 500 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles and was listed as a Samsung S-PVA panel (a la Dell 2407WFP / Acer 2416W). This was listed at Prad.de spec and would have been the LTM240M2 panel.

To add speculation about it, with BenQ's affiliation with AU Optronics, it could potentially by their 24" P-MVA ( M240UW01 varients) panel.

I wondered about this, as every different site seems to quite different panels for this monitor as either the Samsung PVA or the AUO MVA.

Anyone know the truth? :) Does the OSD show the panel and could some kind owner please enlighten me.

Cheers,

Mike

Associate
BenQ RMA update..

Hello all,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Previous Post)

An update.

I've RMA'd my monitor after calling BenQ Uk Support. It was logged as DOA after mentioning it had an intermittent fault. The customer service representative had informed me the replacements will come with the of the 1:1 pixel map fix. (I did not ask for this info at the time).

Benq will swap out the monitor :) Can't wait.

F.Y.I

Hello All,

Just a quick email to say I've received my new replacement with the 1:1 pm bug fix after logging a RMA call. It arrived after 3 weeks of delay - Reason being out of stock.

The manufacture date is Dec 2006.

I'd like to thank you guys for all the advice received from this forum.

Regards

Chuckmeister

Associate
chuckmeister said:
Hello all,
(Previous Post)

An update.

I've RMA'd my monitor after calling BenQ Uk Support. It was logged as DOA after mentioning it had an intermittent fault. The customer service representative had informed me the replacements will come with the of the 1:1 pixel map fix. (I did not ask for this info at the time).

Benq will swap out the monitor :) Can't wait.

F.Y.I

Hello All,

Just a quick email to say I've received my new replacement with the 1:1 pm bug fix after logging a RMA call. It arrived after 3 weeks of delay - Reason being out of stock.

The manufacture date is Dec 2006.

I'd like to thank you guys for all the advice received from this forum.

Regards

Chuckmeister

I hope your replacement doesnt have the same 'fault'....that would be truly ironic! :p

Associate
Hi,

Another quick couple of questions for the UK FP241W owners out there, there has been some talk on the Hardforums about a few problems with the FP241W.

1. If you switch the monitor off while your PC is booted, in windows etc and leave it off for a while to come back later and power it up, does it lose the input signal or does it come back on. (I am not talking about being in power save, I mean if you actually power off the monitor).

2. How does the VGA <> DVI input compare, people are saying over at hardforum that the VGA input is very poor with lots of red satuaration etc. True?

3. Odd random Flickering picture / loss of signal for split second now and again when connected with DVI. Does this happen?

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
Man of Honour
stormy said:
I wondered about this, as every different site seems to quite different panels for this monitor as either the Samsung PVA or the AUO MVA.

Anyone know the truth? :) Does the OSD show the panel and could some kind owner please enlighten me.

Cheers,

Mike

BenQ have confirmed to me officially that the FP241W uses AUO P-MVA panel. The BH might well have been a pre-release model or something. see here :)

ATI

ATI

Associate
hello all

anyone have got this, is your panels completly black in a black screen and havent got any white spots on top or corners. so another word is it uniformed.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom