BenQ G2420HDBL (LED Backlit) or BenQ G2420HD

Associate
The difference that I find important is the use of power.

BenQ G2420HD uses 49 Watt

BenQ G2420HDBL uses 24 Watt.

Today I bought the BenQ G2420HDBL version, on Friday I might receive it. Great day to ya all. :)

Caporegime
Got the G2420HDB today if anyone's interested. Here it is next to my old Hanns-G 19" 16:10 screen:

afsddsfsdf.jpg

Nice looking screen, ergonomic and smart looking. Everything looks very clear, sharp, and colours seem fine. Not tried games yet, that's next. Only downside so far is lack of DVI cable (had one anyway and at this price point I wouldn't have necessarily expected one).

Very happy so far. Zero dead pixels by the way.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Games looks amazing!! That's the biggest thing I've noticed so far.

Black and colour reproduction seems great, though I am far from an expert and do not have any calibration tools or anything. Certainly a lot better than the Hanns-G, but of course you won't get the deep 'inky' blacks that will be possible with a more expensive monitor. I've tested it with some HD movies and it looks stunning really. A Hi-Fi nut might come along and turn his nose up, but for the price and considering I don't really know any better, I'm extremely pleased. I'm not sure how I can illustrate the quality of the colours etc. but to my eyes, you won't be disappointed especially for £140.

By the way how good is it having dual monitors?! I've got the Man U v City game on the Hanns-G, with internet and web design easily fitting on the main screen.

Associate
hi there,

since last weekend i own this monitor too - but i am a little disappointed with the colors. also it seems the colors change extremely with another angle. example: if u look at a grey bar on top of the screen it has strong colors, pull this bar to the bottom and the gray bar looks much brighter...
can some of u tell me with which settings u are using ( mode like movie, film etc, brightness etc. ) maybe i got a bad one and got to change it...

thx and greets from germany
carver

Associate
Do I need to install drivers for Windows 7 x64, it's only displaying 16bit colors and it's disable Windows Aero.

I can see some haloing effect around images., it's not very smooth.

Also, I can't seem to find the drivers anyway. Has anyone got a link?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone put up some pics of this that has bought it

Monitors seem difficult to photograph, but here's one I took a few minutes ago:
2j4y06w.jpg

*excuse finger prints.

Do these two BenQ monitors have any height adjustment on the stand?

My G2420HDB only tilts.

Can someone confirm whether or not the G2420HDB has a VESA mount on the back?

Yes. Looks like standard 100mm.

Here it is next to my old Hanns-G 19" 16:10 screen:

Nice. I upgraded to the G2420HDB from the Hanns-G HW191D too. Huge difference.

i am a little disappointed with the colors. also it seems the colors change extremely with another angle.

They do vary a bit, which is what you should expect with a 'budget' monitor. That said, it's not very noticeable on my screen.

can some of u tell me with which settings u are using ( mode like movie, film etc, brightness etc. ) maybe i got a bad one and got to change it...

In the picture menu I'm using 100 brightness, 50 contrast and 3 sharpness. In the color menu I'm using Color temp: User Mode, all at 100.

Overall, I'm really happy with the screen. No dead pixels, very sharp and colour reproduction is pretty good, especially considering the price.

Associate
Might get this, if it does not come with dvi cable can anybody tell me if I will notice any difference between a cheap and high priced dvi cable or are they all the same with them being digital like hdmi cables?

Soldato
Seriously looking at the G240HDBL as a replacement for a dell 2209WA. I'm a bit concerned I'll find the benq a bit of a let down considering how good the image quality is with the 2209WA. Saying that I've tried a benq G2411HDA against the Dell 2209WA and the BenQ wasn't "that" inferior in overall image quality.

Soldato
I'm probably gonna get the normal LCD version over the LED. LED would be nice, but the lack of and HDMI port on that version puts me off a lot.

Soldato
Oooh, how big is your marine tank??

36"x18x18 with 36x12x12 sump :)

Edit:

I've been testing these monitors all day now and I have to say there absolutely fantastic, HD movies are incredible and theres no noticeable backlight bleed at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom