BenQ XL2410 120Hz 3D LED official thread

Permabanned
So what's the story on these monitors?
Good average or bad?

I have seen one review on here. Which was a bit meh as it didn't include 3d review on it?
Missing on of the key features for having a 120hz monitor....

Soldato
Are you referring to the PC Monitors review? It has been explained time and time and time again that there are very good ATI/AMD based reasons for stereoscopic 3D not being tested (in this thread and on the review itself). If you are interested in 3D Vision then the XL2410T is not a particularly good choice due to the relatively low luminance. This is covered in the review.

Associate
recieved the monitor the other day havent had the chance to set it up till now, i need some help setting it up

what is the optimum settings for this monitor?

is there any drivers on the disc i need to install?

is the one cable that was supplied with the monitor all i need?

im running it at 1920x1080 @ 120hz on xp.

Associate
Just want to say I've had monitor since Xmas day now and think it's a massive improvement over my previous one. I am not some anal stickler for the best of everything, in fact I've only been gaming at 1280*1024 and without AA for the past 5 years. Despite this I usually spend a fair bit on upgrades so I'm not scraping the barrel and struggling to meet min specs. This time I pushed the boat a little further out, opting for the benq and a gtx 570 to boot, and I am very impressed by the performance on offer. 3d is a valuable insight into the future of gaming and offers similar upgrade to the first voodoo3d cards back in the day.

As then, the support and process are not fully mature, but however this tech progresses I feel happy to have joined at this stage (whether you count 3d efforts to date or not).

As for the benq itself, the out of box settings are very garish but can be drawn back according to the various explanations on the net. I am currently away from the pc but when I return I will be sure to try the default settings with 3d (took a while to sort drivers) to see if this is a solution to the inevitable darkening of image behind the glasses.

Besides the darkening ( which I for one find very bearable), the other oft cried issue is that of ghosting. This is at times evident and uniform, but I have either managed it by changing depth, convergence and refresh rate or by simply getting used to it. None of these are deal breakers to me: a user as described above.

The most noticeable difference to me is owing to 120hz refresh rate. This really is a treat for someone like me who has confined themself to 60hz for the past 8 or so years.

I hope this is of some help to those less dependent on raw numbers and data when considering a purchase. The more people that adopt this tech the greater its potential.

Overall a highly positive experience thus far. If you can afford it and are genuinely interested by exciting tech, then the benq is not a bad choice.

Associate
arrghhh mines developed a fault, the bottom left corner seems to show an interlacing effect. It seems to show in 120hz, 110hz and 100hz. 60hz is fine though.

110hz and 100hz show the interlacing effect actually moving up the screen! very noticeable on the overclockers forum where you can compare the blue background from one side of the screen to the other.

Associate
i have tried for 10 mins to do this but my iphone doesnt seem to show it at all!

Ill have to try another camera. Its definetly noticable in just the bottom left corner though. Ive also noticed that in 110hz and 100hz mode the backlighting actually flashes in the same corner o.O

Associate
I've changed hz a few times now, its very random. I couldnt reproduce it a minute ago flicking between them but im now on 100hz again and the interlace effect is back to "crawling" up the monitor. Typically i cannot get the backlight to "blink" anymore though in that corner..

I can however see the interlacing on the left hand side of the monitor everytime.. it just sometimes crawls, sometimes doesnt. I have to change the settings a few times to kick start the effect so to speak. The interlacing starts from about 10cm in on the left hand side. The right hand side is perfect. 60hz test again is also perfect both sides..no interlacing.

Associate
Hey guys,

I got this monitor earlier in the month and it's been excellent so far but I have a question for that I need some help with...my flat mate is moving out soon and is going to be taking our 40" TV downstairs with him so I am looking for an alternative to plug my 360 into. I am aware the XL2410T has a HDMI slot at the back and it certainly would be convenient if I didn't have to spill cash into a brand new telly!

Could I simply lead a HDMI cable from 360 to the back of the monitor and everything will just, err, work? Or does it require more effort than that? Could someone explain what I would have to get/do? Help greatly appreciated!

Associate
Im running a Palit 580gtx stock and the provided dual-link DVI that came with the monitor. I've also just made sure the cable is connected tightly.

This isnt the most brilliant picture, i dont have access to a great camera. You can see the interlacing better at the top of the image (the lighter lines are what show up quite a bit on the left hand side).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7723077/Photos/interlace1.jpg

Soldato
I was wondering... ATI drivers have something called 'alternate DVI operating mode' that may be designed to fix issues like that. I'm not sure if there are some similar settings you can have a play with in the Nvidia drivers?

@ bunga_aj

It should just be the same process as plugging the XB360 into a TV. The monitor will detech the source and vice-versa and it should just work.

Associate
@ bunga_aj

It should just be the same process as plugging the XB360 into a TV. The monitor will detech the source and vice-versa and it should just work.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I created a thread about this topic where I asked a couple more questions PCM, I wonder if you (or anyone else reading) would know the answers...

Because the native res of the monitor is x1080, does that mean if I hook up a console to the monitor, I am getting 1080HD? Will I still benefit from the 120hz refresh rate and do I have to do anything separate to get sound working or does that go through the HDMI cable also?

Cheers!

Associate
I was wondering... ATI drivers have something called 'alternate DVI operating mode' that may be designed to fix issues like that. I'm not sure if there are some similar settings you can have a play with in the Nvidia drivers?

Nothing obvious from what i can see, also installed latest monitor Driver and update video Driver. No change.

Associate
Now also noticed that when playing games the interlacing can be seen when moving or panning around on the whole screen. Keeping still it only shows on the left hand side as per my previous comments. Can someone else confirm if they see this interlacing @120hz in a game if they pan around?

Soldato
I never noticed any interlacing when I tested the XL2410T on my 5850. I did notice some temporal dithering but this is normal for a TN panel. What gamma settings and Senseye settings are you using?

Associate
Gamma is set to 2.2 and the senseye appears to be disabled as im running in standard mode? If i select fps or movie mode, the senseye settings are enabled again.

Soldato
Hmm... The monitor should be fine under those settings then. I wish I had an Nvidia card so I could play around with the graphics drivers and see if I could recommend any settings to change in there. The monitor could have course be faulty but I know it's a hassle to sort out a refund/replacement and you need to be 100% sure.

Back
Top Bottom