BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 Watercooled Build

Associate
OP
OK here's a couple of quick pics from my mobile, one just UV and one with blue and UV leds.

dbs9ls7.jpg

0T0EklF.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Whoops just ordered these...

6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC 2000RPM PWM 140mm High Performance Fan
Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT - Blue
Aqua Computer Passive Cooler for Aquaero 6
EK Water Blocks EK-Cable Y-Splitter 3-Fan PWM (10cm)
EK Water Blocks EK-Cable PWM Extension Cables Sleeved (30cm)

I found out the temps were 10c higher with the door open so I've upgraded the fans to combat that :)

Associate
can i ask how you've fixed the radiator to the front of your case?

luckily on my new case there's holes at the front for 120 and 140mm fans, I have 120mm fans so was able to zip tie one top corner of the rad through one of the 140mm fan mount holes...not my fav. thing to do...

does every rad need a rad mount bracket for a tidy and sturdy fixed position?

Associate

luckily on my new case there's holes at the front for 120 and 140mm fans, I have 120mm fans so was able to zip tie one top corner of the rad through one of the 140mm fan mount holes...not my fav. thing to do...

p.s. case looks mint, great job.

Associate
OP

p.s. case looks mint, great job.

Cheers buddy, the rads are held on with 30mm screws going through the fans and case then screwed into the rad itself.

Associate
OP
Little update on the latest purchase. The Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT is AWESOME! but the Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC 2000RPM PWM had to be returned to they had a motor buzz that was very annoying.

Soldato
Just found a build log to go with the Aquaero threads - not very observant me ;)

Only thing I was going to say seems to be far too late. I was going to say that you'd be better to mount the front rad with the ports at the top because with them at the bottom it'd be a $*%@ joy to bleed as you have to persuade all the air bubbles to go down to the bottom to leave. Not the end of the world but a consideration if you're ever planning to drain and refill. Worth giving it a rock and see if you can hear air at the top of that rad - it'll sound sort of echoey.

Associate
OP
Just found a build log to go with the Aquaero threads - not very observant me ;)

Only thing I was going to say seems to be far too late. I was going to say that you'd be better to mount the front rad with the ports at the top because with them at the bottom it'd be a $*%@ joy to bleed as you have to persuade all the air bubbles to go down to the bottom to leave. Not the end of the world but a consideration if you're ever planning to drain and refill. Worth giving it a rock and see if you can hear air at the top of that rad - it'll sound sort of echoey.

Ah I see. Bugger. Just gave it a shake and was silent so hopefully there all out.

Soldato
You could be lucky, some are more of a pain that others but if the air is out its all good - otherwise you're making some of the rad ineffective. Just bear it in mind next time you fill and check it again once it's had a few days for the air to bubble out.

Associate
OP
You could be lucky, some are more of a pain that others but if the air is out its all good - otherwise you're making some of the rad ineffective. Just bear it in mind next time you fill and check it again once it's had a few days for the air to bubble out.

Yeah will do thanks mate.

Associate
OP
Been watching your build....neat. Are you back to square 1 with regards to using original fans and heat issues?

Sort of. I've got the bequiet fans back in and an extra 120mm apache black that I had lying around so that helps. With the door open the temps are great. Might look into modifying the case front and door to allow extra airflow.

Watch this space.

Associate
OP
This is my plan for the front door to increase air flow. What do you think guys? The be quiet text will be cut out too and probably back lit.

fYyAPWd.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I would move the fans just to the inside of the case, like the other side of where they are fixed.

Will give them more room to breath and should make a difference, they will have more air available to them to feed off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom