BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 Watercooled Build

Associate
OP
Hexes in RGB gives you the option of changing colour either to preference or by temperature. Currently my pump, GFX and CPU blocks each change colour according to their temperature and the res and front light change colour based on the coolant temperature. Hit the max of 4 RGB controller channels the Aquaero 6 can manage. Could hand some of them off to the Farbwerk I believe if necessary but prefer not to have any USB connection to the Farbwerk that I'd need to configure it.

Farbwerk will give you four channels of RGB strips. Go for the light water resistant type (there's a heavier one that's sort of set in plastic like a rope light but the lighter one just has a gel covering set onto the strip) not for the water resistance - although that could be useful in a worst case scenario! - but because on the non water resistant versions the contacts are exposed every 3 LEDs so that you can cut to length. Problem is that you can short them out fairly easily if you're a klutz....like me :rolleyes:

Ordered the LEDs last night. Got the same ones as I use on my desk. Had them over a year with no problems so should be good. These won't be controlled by the aquaero 6 as can't justify the extra cost of farbwerk for now. They will be controlled via remote. They are the water resistant ones. Got the clear hex panel and that looks great but still trying to find someone to cut the door.

Soldato
From a distance (small phone screen) there doesn't look like much difference but zoomed in the hex shape echoes the rest nicely so I'd go with the hex thermometer of the two.

Associate
Had some major progress with this.
Let me know what you think. Will get some photos with it up and running and some results for the temps etc very soon.

I like it. A lot! So much so that I am going to try and copy 90% of it as I already have the same case. Any more info you can share please do so. This is going to be my first attempt for water cooling system.

Love how you positioned your reservoir reaching CPU block in a straight line without any bending needed

Very good work !

Associate
OP
This weekend I emptied the coolant and used Mayhem's blitz cleaning kit. Flushed the system, fitted a water temp sensor in the res, removed the cpu block (more on this is a sec), fitted a 140mm high speed be quiet silent wings 3 fan as an air intake in the front and finally filled with fresh Mayhem's Pre mixed X1 clear uv blue coolant.

The old (1 month) coolant had some small particles and what looked like oil in it and the ph was off.

I decided to strip and clean the cpu block while it was off and found out that the micro channels were facing the wrong way! When I first installed this I just reassembled the same way it was in the box but with he correct plates etc. I assumed the block was built correctly in the first place. While looking at it I just though that didn't look right so a quick look up online confirmed that I had the base plate on the wrong way. The channels were going up and down rather than left and right.

Rebuilt the system and everything is so much better. Much better flow, loads easier to bleed and the temps are now brilliant.

This is with the door open, not tested with it closed but am still working on the airflow door.

Realbench 100% load

CPU max 63.2c with no rad fans spinning. 57-58c max with rad fans on.
GPU max 48c with no rad fans spinning. 42c max with rad fans on.

So happy, that same test hit 84c with max fans in a lot less time and continued rising till I shut down the test with the old cpu config. 26c difference!!!!

Associate
OP
Just dialed in my final overclocks.

CPU 4.7 @ 1.279v Max temps under 100% stress tests 65-70c
Gpu 2139MHz Max temps under 100% stress tests 49c

Will update with gaming temps soon :)

Associate
OP
Front door update :) Sort of happy with it. Think I'd of preferred to just have the thermometer lit and not the hex's. Rather have a white or silver hex mesh behind the black front I think. I ended up making a whole new complete door from acrylic. The bottom thermometer logo changes colour according to the coolant temperature ;) It's full RGB so I can have any colour I need or just turn it off. Here's some pics...

BOUwNxC.jpg

QrtiZcr.jpg

fKbwwEe.jpg

nfDZTrA.jpg

pV6zcTE.jpg

Vnll8j0.jpg

FDspoEm.jpg

4Sa9qL8.jpg

PbOX2JI.jpg

I31yFxh.jpg

NXxNniQ.jpg

FkN0NtC.jpg

OE6lNKi.jpg

FmlQCJA.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Very nice, front panel looks very well done mate. How much difference has it made to the temperatures now you've got some decent airflow?

Associate
OP
Very nice, front panel looks very well done mate. How much difference has it made to the temperatures now you've got some decent airflow?
Thanks mate. The temps are just as if the door was open :) see the temps listed above the door pics. Very happy now.

Back
Top Bottom