Best Amiga game ever?

Associate
I went round to my mates one night to check his amiga out and the sound effects on silkworm blew me away . a week later i had flogged my st and bought an a500 flight of fantasy pack £355 thank you very much

sb2 was my fav i used to deliberately finish second to go into a playoff to get more money

top 3 teams

super nashwan ( skillful)
fatal justice ( vicious)
turbo wammers ( both but not as much 1 and 2)

Associate
Dont think anyone has mentioned Wings of Fury, classic in its time :D

FA-18 Interceptor, loved that game, could never work out how to sink the enemy Sub/aircraft Carrier though on mission 6 I believe....

Associate
For me it was Xenon 2 & Kick Off 2. Didn't have an amiga at the time, I was an ST owner but a friend had one so I did get to see how much better it was over the ST :)

Soldato
Anyone remember any of the Amiga Beat em ups, some classics in there.

Body Blows
Body Blows Galactic
Full Contact
Shadow Fighter
Elfmania
IK+

Also the Vulcan Talkie games. "Its a Vampire, Im scared ..." and the classic "Its a Skull" tune that was released on a magazine cover cd for CD32.

Man of Honour
melchy said:
Also the Vulcan Talkie games. "Its a Vampire, Im scared ..." and the classic "Its a Skull" tune that was released on a magazine cover cd for CD32.

I'm not that strong...

That was a great talkie thing... :) I think I saw it on a cover disk for Amiga Power or Format tho,

Soldato
nero120 said:
I just remembered another - LEGENDS OF VALOUR!

http://hol.abime.net/866

This game really was the precursor to Oblivion! And it even did something that games like oblivion still cannot do - you could look out of (or into) the windows of a house and actually see what was happening through them! Amazing that no other rpg game has managed this simple thing.
Brilliant game imo, one of the very best! As soon as I first played Morrowind I thought of this game - turely emersive!

And I can't believe nobody's yet mentioned GRAVITY FORCE 2!

Soldato
Trick said:
Brilliant game imo, one of the very best! As soon as I first played Morrowind I thought of this game - turely emersive!

And I can't believe nobody's yet mentioned GRAVITY FORCE 2!

OMFG GRAVITY FORCE ROCKED :D

quite simply the most addictive game every created. period. the compatitions me and my mates used to have on this game rivaled gang warefare.

getting all teary eyed remembering these classics. maybe time to venture into the loft and dig out the amiga :D

Associate
This thread is giving me so many memories of my Amiga days I even got it

out the loft the other night just to have a quick look at it, but could not get

it working :(

All well...

Soldato
Aekeron said:
For a moment there I thought you were both talking about Gravity Power... Also a rocking game ;)
I am really, "Gravity Power was a specially licensed version of Gravity Force II for the staff of Amiga Power", so same game, just tweaked a bit.

Man of Honour
Oh, cool :) Always good to know these things.

So, Gravity Power was the tweaked one or Gravity Force 2? Just thinking in /re to emulation (assuming people regard Amiga emulation as legal here. We do still have the AP cover disk somewhere still.. :D the A600 itself is knackered though).

EDIT: By this, I mean - which is most complete? Would you recommend GF2 or GP?

Last edited:
Suspended
i tried gravity force on my new 133mhz pc back in '96. I ran slightly too fast though and the game was over in <1 second!

I had many a split screen game on gravity force with mates. amiga championships was where it was at. butzbombers with the radio controlled bombs was fun and moonstone 4 player was superb.

a simple game called 'dog fight' was also really good. 2 small planes and 1 fixed screen where u shoot and dive to pick up speed, can stall and shoot at the other plane.

VERY simple but played it for hours!

Back
Top Bottom