Best instant noodles?

Soldato
Shin cups aren't as good as the proper packets of shin noodles. Noodles are thicker and tastier. I have a Asian store in town which sells 5 packs for £3 a go. Great savings as pretty much Tesco and poundstretchers etc are now selling 1 packet of em for 95p each, yikes.

Poundstretchers are still the best place for ko_lee cup noodles 3 packs for a quid which are yum for the chicken flavours.

In Tesco or Asda might be Asda they have big white bowls kimchi flavour ones, pricey at about £1.50 per bowl but are really nice.

Soldato
Just bought 12 shincups off amazon for £9 thanks to this thread :D (used to eat a lot of Bombay badboys back in the day)

(They’re not fishy or anything are they ? I hate fish flavourings !)

Soldato
Is it just me or have Super noodles gone down hill recently? I used to love the BBQ and chicken versions years ago, but got some recently and they were tasteless and the BBQ ones just tasted horrible to the point it went in the bin.

The best instant Noodles I have had are Koka noodles. They are probably full of msg, but they are full of flavour and pretty cheap compared to super noodles. Tescos used to sell them but like everything i like they end up discontinuing them :mad:.

OmYw5T2.jpg.png

Soldato
No, they are not fishy in the slightest. The taste of heat and MSG (In a good way :p)

They do do a fish flavoured one in the range though, stumbled across it once in Sainsburys, though didn't stay in stock for long. Seem to have gone back to the normal chicken, beef and spicy varieties. It was quite good however and was definitely fishy.

Associate
d5041qMl.jpg

Just finishing off a Shincup. Very tasty and just the right amount of heat for 9:30 on a friday morning! The pack at the back is for another day.

Soldato
Btw guys - Tried a pot of Kabuto Chilli Chicken Ramen noodles bought of Amazon recently. I also purchased the Vegatable Tom Yum ones for the missus.

Flipping hell they were awful. I didn't even know what to make of mine - the noodles were horrible to eat and the sauce was just hugely lacking. The wife tried the Vegetable ones last night and she felt the same - she just couldn't work out what to make of it. Back to Shin cups soon!

Caporegime
Btw guys - Tried a pot of Kabuto Chilli Chicken Ramen noodles bought of Amazon recently. I also purchased the Vegatable Tom Yum ones for the missus.

Flipping hell they were awful. I didn't even know what to make of mine - the noodles were horrible to eat and the sauce was just hugely lacking. The wife tried the Vegetable ones last night and she felt the same - she just couldn't work out what to make of it. Back to Shin cups soon!

They are indeed grim, stick to brands that actually are Asian :p

Soldato
Is it just me or have Super noodles gone down hill recently? I used to love the BBQ and chicken versions years ago, but got some recently and they were tasteless and the BBQ ones just tasted horrible to the point it went in the bin.

The best instant Noodles I have had are Koka noodles. They are probably full of msg, but they are full of flavour and pretty cheap compared to super noodles. Tescos used to sell them but like everything i like they end up discontinuing them :mad:.

OmYw5T2.jpg.png

Checked the foreign foods aisle? That's where I usually find them in Tesco, even the little Tesco Express near me has them I think. Home Bargains is a good shout too though.

Soldato
OP
Had some noodles from B&M earlier, absolutely rank.

I like the Ko-lee noodles, 49p but loads of flavour and a good amount of noodles.

Permabanned
What i want is shincup style stock cube to use in cooking. Is there such thing?

I often only use half of the sachet stock and then add Sriracha to add some more heat/flavour. I then throw the remaining stock in a cleaned preserves jar. Builds up faster then you'd think actually. You'll soon have enough to be adding regular spoonful's into soups, stews etc.

Caporegime
Since I came back from Japan I have been boiling the sauce in a pan separate from the noodles, another pan of hot water just for the noodles. You get a much cleaner looking broth and more tasty noodles.

Add in a soft boil egg and then some home made char siu and a handful of spring onions, sprinkle with some sesame seeds, it turn a meh bowl into something presentable.

Since the meat is already done, the whole thing can be made in about 10 mins here.

3G6BEFF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom