Best Retro Handheld

Associate
It's best to spend a little bit of money on a handheld. The cheaper models work, but if you're looking to reduce latency and input lag, you'll want to use the runahead feature in retroarch. That requires a little bit more grunt. Personally, I wouldn't spend less than £100. The Retroid Pocket 3+ is pretty decent. I like the idea of their upcoming Retroid Pocket flip, although those analog sticks don't look great and their position looks uncomfortable for ergonomics.

Last edited:
Associate
Retroid Pocket Flip early production sample:

Fs-SLmqWYAgqoDQ

Last edited:
Soldato
Any recommendations for a budget handheld that will allow PS1 emulation, just looking for GT2 really, loved that so much

Any pointers?

Last edited:
Associate
Any recommendations for a budget handheld that will allow PS1 emulation, just looking for GT2 really, loved that so much

Any pointers?
I've not got any specifics but a good place to look would be a youtube channel called ETA prime. The guy is an emulation nut and literally has thousands of videos on various emulation systems including handheld.

Soldato

Any pointers?
Anbernic Rg35xx is probably about your cheapest solid choice. About £50 including tax from Ali Express.

Last edited:
Soldato
Appreciate the replies. Would the ANBERNIC RG351P be suitable?

Seems to be fine, but anyone had experience of it? For £76 I think I prefer the layout more than the vertical ones.

Soldato
Appreciate the replies. Would the ANBERNIC RG351P be suitable?

Seems to be fine, but anyone had experience of it? For £76 I think I prefer the layout more than the vertical ones.
I've got a 351p!

It's pretty great. Fine for PS1. The only thing I didn't like is it only has one SD slot, which has the games and a partition for the OS.

Check out reviews on Retro Game Corps, the channel from that video above.

The latest in that line is the 353p, but that might be more pricey.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I can play about 50-60% of PS2 games on my AYN Odin.. but Steam Deck can do them easily. The Odin is a Lot smaller and more portable though, and MUCH better battery life.

Soldato
I paid £42 delivered for my RG35XX.

Latest footage of N64 on Batacera 0.7. Love to see the Miyoo mini+ playing N64, Dreamcast and PSP (some games playable, some not)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom