Best Retro Handheld

Anbernic have the RG Cube XX up youtube, not sure the difference barring the stick and dpad have been switched.

I'm assuming a spec bump too.

Edit: actually seems like specs going the other way and this will have the H700 and therefore lower performance but presume a cheaper price.

Last edited:
I've come to realise that older games can be pretty brutal, guess I never realised before. Often no save games and minimal lives means I'm often replaying a LOT of levels.

C64 - Impossible Mission - I HATE YOU

Last edited:
Got my RG40XXV in at the weekend and loving it so far. The screen is very nice and I love the feel of the buttons.

Still completely stock at the minute but I've seen a few videos about changing the OS for a better experience. What have some of you guys tinkered with?

Last edited:
Got my RG40XXV in at the weekend and loving it so far. The screen is very nice and I love the feel of the buttons.

Still completely stock at the minute but I've seen a few videos about changing the OS for a better experience. What have some of you guys tinkered with?

Give MuOS a try. Probably the best OS for RG??XX? devices i've used.

Official 40xxV support is here! muOS 2410.1 BANANA is officially out! Run don’t walk to retro goodness to download yours! More information about what has changed in this release including download links can be found on website.

Device wise, I started with an RG35XX, then went all out and got a Steam deck.
Then moved on to RG35XX Plus, then RG35XX SP, then RG35XX-H.

Now have an RG Cube and have a Retroid Pocket mini on the way in post.

I usually like tinkering with device and trying different OS then moving onto something else and selling the devices I dont use. I kept the RG35XX original, Steam deck and Cube.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool :)
Also bear in mind that Delta, Gamma and Retroarch emulators now work on iPhones unrooted.
Im currently installing Windows 95 on DOSbox-pure on my iPhone 15 pro... because why not!

N64 in Delta works much better on a modern iPhone than it will on the H700 - If you already have one, just buy something like a backbone if you want physical control for buttons, analogs etc.

Back
Top Bottom