Best Salt & Vinegar Crisps!

Soldato
Similar to the op. I need my salt and vinegar to burn my mouth like napalm.

Co-ops own brand salt and chardonnay wine vinegar crisps really are good, alternatively licking the flavour off the non crips pringles is great.

Associate
Oh wow! Best thread ever! :D Glad this caught my attention from the forum front page.

I too am all about salt 'n' vinegar.

I'm not really interested in any other flavour as long as SnV is an option. Except maybe in Gregg's where they only stock Walkers - then I might go for a Prawn Cocktail as the Walkers SnV is not a favourite of mine. Having said that, their Extra Crispy / Crunchy (?) ones in SnV are very nice. They seem to have a different flavour rather than simply texture though others may disagree?

I too bemoan the weakening of the Discos.

I cannot pick a favourite, well, I will... but it's by a nose...

McCoy's - from a good strong batch (they do vary!). Yeah, I love a bag of the McCoy's.

Finishing ahead of:

Squares
Hula-Hoops
Tyrell's
Chipsticks (not the M&S ones though - not such a big fan of those)

To be quite honest, that list could go on to encompass them all. The only ones I've found that I don't like, to the extent that I don't automatically pick the SnV from the range is Pringles. I think they're crap. Would rather it the Plain/Original/Salted than those.

Edit: My longest post thus far! Fitting for such a life critical subject :p

Last edited:
Associate
One time I bought a McCoys and it must have been a manufacturing fault as every crisp in the packet had a really thick caked on layer of S & V powder.

Needless to say I ate it all and it was delicious. I did pay the price; my tongue felt like it was burned for a couple of days after... still no regrets though!

I envy you deeply.

Associate
My vote goes to pickled onion monster munch, I know they're not technically crisps or salt and vinegar flavour but they fulfil the same role.

Soldato
I love a good, strong Salt n Vinegar crisp also.

I actually wanted to start looking into what was the best/strongest flavour crisps around. Try and get samples and recommendations of them all.

OcUK Crisps of the Week? :D

Associate
I'm going to get accused of necro on this thread I guess but I've just had a big bag of Real McCoy's Chip Shop Salt & Vinegar "Chips" crisps and they could wake the dead!

My face has melted like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark but I loved it!

Back
Top Bottom