Best savings account?

Could you be specific or do you mean something like a Vanguard LifeStrategy accumulator product?
No life strategy no.

Im talking about individual gilts, e.g TN24/TN25. The coupon or interest is very low so most of the gain comes at maturity, you simply need to calculate the yield. The face value is £100 at maturity and for example TN24 is currently priced at £97.39 and matures on 31st January 2024. Yield to maturity is roughly 5.1% on TN24. Since the gain is capital gains free higher tax payers have been piling into these outside of ISAs.

Last edited:
No life strategy no.

Im talking about individual gilts, e.g TN24/TN25. The coupon or interest is very low so most of the gain comes at maturity, you simply need to calculate the yield. The face value is £100 at maturity and for example TN24 is currently priced at £97.39 and matures on 31st January 2024. Yield to maturity is roughly 5.1% on TN24. Since the gain is capital gains free higher tax payers have been piling into these outside of ISAs.
Interesting. I'll look into this, thanks.

Are transfers from a Chip easy access account to a current account instant? The last easy access savings account I used took a few days which wasn't ideal.

I setup a LISA using Moneybox to save up for my first house. If you contribute £4000 per tax year the government add £1000 extra for free. I noticed this doesn’t have to be used for your first house but can also be used as a pension pot. Anyone else using it for this purpose?

I setup a LISA using Moneybox to save up for my first house. If you contribute £4000 per tax year the government add £1000 extra for free. I noticed this doesn’t have to be used for your first house but can also be used as a pension pot. Anyone else using it for this purpose?
I hope you researched this properly. It has lots of restrictions.

Using it as a pension is a bad idea generally. Google it.

I used it for first house.
I think I got 4k from it for free. Not to be sniffed at in the days of ultra low interst rates!

Just checked. I cashed out just over 20k. So yeah. 4k.from government

Last edited:
I used it for first house.
I think I got 4k from it for free. Not to be sniffed at in the days of ultra low interst rates!

Just checked. I cashed out just over 20k. So yeah. 4k.from government
Think I managed 8 as I used mine and the other halfs allowance. God, we got so lucky. The house we wanted went up to 475 and we low balled at 450. Thanks to Brexit they panicked and accepted.

Back
Top Bottom