Best X570 Motherboards

Associate
Well the 2080ti has arrived along with 32gb 3200, 750w psi...

Case not released yet (NZXT 510i)

So motherboard and cpu to buy.

Pretty sure it will be a 3900 as I don’t intend on another pc for a while (still running a 3550)... so then it is just the board...

Msi Meg ace (350)
Taichi (just under 300)
Carbon gaming (260)
Tuf (240)

A difficult choice, but if I am to buy now and potentially only upgrade the cpu (or eventually try overclocking if that is ever possible) which board is the one to go for? They all seem to have issues at the moment, not what you would want for that sort of money!

Have a look at that video orbital posted above. Gives a good snapshot. For me it also came down to connectivity so also look at tech specs on manufacturers website and go for it. There are a few reviews around and don't appear to be any duff boards so at your budget there aren't really any wrong choices. Taichi gets good writeups and quite a few on here who have gone for it I think...

Soldato
is it me or is this AMD most buggiest motherboard launch i can remember. So many people are having issue of some kind. Never seen such large number of issues immediately after a launch. I appreciate things need to be ironed out but number of issues and variety has somewhat surprised me. Maybe this id just normal?

and as usual early reviewers and youtube reviewers seem to have cherry picked stuff. The quality of reviews as changed so much.

Ree

Ree

Associate
yeah there is problems but don't forget a lot of people will post about them vs the folk that are having no issues like myself (touch wood) that wont be saying anything really. think most issues are folk on the b450/x470 boards could be wrong though.

Associate
yeah there is problems but don't forget a lot of people will post about them vs the folk that are having no issues like myself (touch wood) that wont be saying anything really. think most issues are folk on the b450/x470 boards could be wrong though.

What MOBO, CPU, & RAM combo did you go for?

Ree

Ree

Associate
i only went with the elite as it seems to be the pick of the bunch at the £200 marker which is bonkers money for a mobo imo so was never going to spend much more. i payed more for my motherboard than i did for my processor :( never thought i'd ever do that.

Associate
I posted this in the Taichi thread in the CPU forum but will post it here as well in case anyone is having high SB temperature issues on their Taichi.

Check the heatsink and fan assembly under the M.2 shield.

I noticed that the one attached to my board seemed loose, in that there was a few millimetres of movement from side to side when touching the heatsink. There are 2 screws on the back of the board which secure the heatink to the board, I tightened those up and now have SB temperatures in the low 50s when idle or in BIOS, whereas before just sitting in BIOS would see the temperature creep up over 70C and keep going up.

I wasn't experiencing any random shutdowns but I hate seeing unnecessarily high temperatures, especially when it's a result of something which seems like simple, poor quality control.

Associate
First Biostar X570GT8 review.

It looks really good, to me. Can't really draw too much of a conclusion about performance, as they didn't have other boards to compare it to, and they used 2666Mhz DDR4 at stock speed.

But still, I await some comparative tests.

I'm not convinced at all that you need super expensive X570 boards. This thing is higher spec than any X370 board, and the vast majority of X470 boards.

https://www.brainbox.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=review&wr_id=7704&sca=기획기사

Korean. Use translate.

Soldato

It would be nice if all other fans are tuned off so that we get better idea, but that would drive me crazy as my computer is on my desk. I am sensitive to sound. I have read many are able to disable the fans without too much issue.

so this would mean only motherboard left for me to buy is the Gigabyte extreme and i am not paying £700 for motherboard.

I might go back to my original idea of x470, but they seem so buggy with ryzen 3000 series cpu.

Back
Top Bottom