Best X570 Motherboards

Soldato
I think B550 is going to be limited to PCI-e 3.0, no 4.0, to get the costs down, so they probably wont need a fan,
Who knows - as mentioned they could limit its implementation e.g. just the GPU slot so may negate need for fan (always the caveat :)) - and would be an added selling point for the boards without treading on x570 features/sales (although wouldn't be missed.).

the fan isnt noisy anyway, mines always running at 1200rpm and I cant hear a thing.
For some it's an added irritating, potential point of failure not just the noise - although semi-passive should eventually be feature on more boards (certainly Gigabyte via BIOS updates - from what i've read).

as for the above video.....what if your running all 3 nvme slots ?
That's the rub - very limited test and only one mans conclusions. But, if relying on that data alone (which you shouldn't) it does imply the average user doesn't need the fan at all. But, again i stress only one mans review - too smaller pool to draw any conclusions. You also have to factor that they've cut a large chunk out of the PCH heatsink to make way for the active cooling to be neatly slotted within, in a lot of cases, which may hamper mine/users wish to experiment without a fan.

Hopefully, more users will upload their results/experimentation - and we'll start to get a truer picture of what the state of play is...

Associate
I was planning on getting that Aorus Xtreme, would hate to have a decent mobo with a cheap fan that konks out first causing me issues down the line, would likely use the board to potential down the line but I'm struggling convincing myself to get it, I mean yea I got the money but do I really want to spend £770 on it, if its going to be £770 after all its been taking off the site due to pricing issues and no confirmed price. I got my 3900X build on standby until I know for sure as at £770 I was only just about justifying it myself.... not really but I make builds last so putting the cost of the entire build together and dividing it by 6 allows me to justify it lol, what are peoples thoughts on that baord besides the price? the VRM design is so over engineered I doubt power delivery will be an issue, thank the lord we have buildzzoid to go through it all despite the fact he often makes me fall asleep haha.

Btw hi guys, long time OCUK user but never joined the forums, usually use Aria forums.

Soldato
I must be the only one who got all nostalgic at the thought of a Mobo fan. Brought tears to my eyes as I thought about hacking up fans and heatsinks to improve the cooling. :D I thought we’d all love the prospect of something else to try and improve the cooling on!?! Lol

Associate
I wouldn't say nostalgic... lol perhaps we will get so form of custom loop cooling methods from EKWB and the like. I'd go for the Asrock board with the built in water block if I could warrant the extra cost and actually get a hold of one.

Soldato
I must be the only one who got all nostalgic at the thought of a Mobo fan. Brought tears to my eyes as I thought about hacking up fans and heatsinks to improve the cooling. :D I thought we’d all love the prospect of something else to try and improve the cooling on!?! Lol
Hehe - yep, been discussing that in other motherboard thread - but waiting for more users/youtubers to sabotage their boards to piggyback ideas. Third party finned heatsinks would seem the ideal - if Der8auer's findings are duplicated by other users and other boards.

That said - if board makers perfect the semi-passive mode for the average user - it may become a none issue.

Soldato
Hehe - yep, been discussing that in other motherboard thread - but waiting for more users/youtubers to sabotage their boards to piggyback ideas. Third party finned heatsinks would seem the ideal - if Der8auer's findings are duplicated by other users and other boards.

That said - if board makers perfect the semi-passive mode for the average user - it may become a none issue.

You can guarantee if keeping it cooler improves performance they’ll all change their tune and be flocking to replacement versions. Lol!

Associate
I am looking for a motherboard that allows 3 Gfx cards, is there anything on this platform that allows this?

It's for a new UNRAID server build i am planning.

Associate
Well the 2080ti has arrived along with 32gb 3200, 750w psi...

Case not released yet (NZXT 510i)

So motherboard and cpu to buy.

Pretty sure it will be a 3900 as I don’t intend on another pc for a while (still running a 3550)... so then it is just the board...

Msi Meg ace (350)
Taichi (just under 300)
Carbon gaming (260)
Tuf (240)

A difficult choice, but if I am to buy now and potentially only upgrade the cpu (or eventually try overclocking if that is ever possible) which board is the one to go for? They all seem to have issues at the moment, not what you would want for that sort of money!

Back
Top Bottom