US: Better Call Saul

Caporegime
yeah, pretty nasty experience for that old lady

though bit dubious that they've not already settled... given that they're pretty old and dragging it out isn't exactly going to benefit them much

Caporegime
Yeah the wife and I felt the same. Wasn't nice seeing him do what he did to the old lady. As also said the end was a shocker as well
Ill be quite happy if his little scheme is found out and he loses his chunk of the money.

He must do. I can't see him getting over a million dollars and still working for two bob clients in BB.

Caporegime
Can see the Chuck/Howard thing causing the lawsuit to not get the settlement. What goes around comes around for Jimmy.

was thinking something along those lines - the law firm HMM breaking apart etc.. and/or the case getting screwed up as a result of the Chuck drama

Soldato
Can see the Chuck/Howard thing causing the lawsuit to not get the settlement. What goes around comes around for Jimmy.
As I recall, the Sandpiper case is being handled by Davis & Main, not HHM. So it won't be this.

EDIT: Actually, I think it may be a joint effort between D&M and HHM. So this could be a factor after all.

And maybe throw in some sort of guilt payment to Kim, after whatever befalls her following this latest incident.

Let's not forget that Saul Goodman isn't exactly penniless when we meet him in Breaking Bad - he's got a Statue of Liberty above his office, a Cadillac, an established TV advert portfolio and any number of tasteful shirt/tie combinations :D So maybe he just ends up with a tiny fraction of his original share.

Also: “B9! Let’s hope that biopsy comes back be-nign!” :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
If HHM becomes HH then maybe Saul's original deal no longer applies and HH doesn't have to pay him a share any more?

Let's not forget that Saul Goodman isn't exactly penniless when we meet him in Breaking Bad - he's got a Statue of Liberty above his office, a Cadillac, an established TV advert portfolio and any number of tasteful shirt/tie combinations :D So maybe he just ends up with a tiny fraction of his original share.

OR perhaps even still gets the whole lump sum - after all 1 million dollars, once he's got himself a house, car, new office etc.. doesn't necessarily stretch that far, most of it could get spent buying a modest family home.

Caporegime
I thought he was going to top himself a couple of episodes ago, was a bit of a surprise to see it in this episode after the previous one where he seemed to be back to almost normal... went into a downward spiral rather rapidly after forced retirement.

I hope he doesn't lose Kim to death though.

Soldato
I thought he was going to top himself a couple of episodes ago, was a bit of a surprise to see it in this episode after the previous one where he seemed to be back to almost normal... went into a downward spiral rather rapidly after forced retirement.

I hope he doesn't lose Kim to death though.

I thought he was going to end up accidentally finding the live wire and in some sense of irony get electrocuted to death

I'm glad he's gone now though

I've a feeling Hector or his henchmen are onto Nacho now

Soldato
What does the fore shadowing of Kim's pushing the car tell us. I presume thats related, I always liked that car and it showed the contrast between them.
Yea this series is slow but the details matter so I'd guess similarly here

I think the simple strain of pushing the car meant she suffered a brain aneurysm. Not that was the cause of an underlying condition but the unusual effort, later combined with regular excess stress and the film seemed to indicate time dilation before the accident.
The actual accident is not fatal, a sensible driver not at speed, good car into some rocks not a truck etc. I'd hoped Kim just moves out of the story like Chuck's ex but this is my guess what that was about, very few clues matches the condition trajectory.

Kim being a special lawyer or not; its not normal to work past midnight and still do good work and bring in clients while under a shadow you didnt make and still come out positive. Thats exceptional, that amount of self placed pressure to perform has exasperated an undiagnosed condition I reckon is a reasonable guess.

Saul gets the money, you can just see his reaction is to waste a lot. The earlier grand desk for example, super expensive tequila.
1 mil isnt a lot to run a business, in BB he owns the building and has the same secretary continually so he had kept it all going.
I always forget tv series, one day I can watch back BB on blu ray like I'd never seen it however I dont think Jimmy and Saul are drastically different

Last edited:
Associate
I real elsewhere that Kim has demonstrated an addictive personality multiple times, particularly in this last episode, and now she's had a taste, and need for, "the good stuff".

Back
Top Bottom