US: Better Call Saul

Caporegime
haha :D

I did wonder during that episode if we were going to see Chuck hanging from the ceiling - still can't figure out if they're simply going to have Jimmy/Saul disown him or if he is going to top himself. Also a bit of a mystery re: Kim - whether he does something really bad/stupid to cause them to split up or whether she gets killed somehow.

Soldato
Otherwise not a lot happened

We see Krazy-8's return and origin story in more detail.
We see the beginnings of the laundry business and Lydia entering the fold
We learn more about the cartel rivalry, and Gus's mindset within it
Jimmy turns to Saul

Id say that was a pretty full on episode and one that indicated on many occasions the time period we are now in within the overall arch.

Man of Honour
We see Krazy-8's return and origin story in more detail.
We see the beginnings of the laundry business and Lydia entering the fold
We learn more about the cartel rivalry, and Gus's mindset within it
Jimmy turns to Saul

Id say that was a pretty full on episode and one that indicated on many occasions the time period we are now in within the overall arch.
I don't much of that was necessary, pivotal or added to the story but yes, it does give an indication of time periods. Slippin' Jimmy was calling himself Saul in the flashbacks in the first series but, yes, I know what you mean.

I'm far more interested in original story than seeing 'these things must have happened in the run up to breaking bad'.

Soldato
I don't much of that was necessary, pivotal or added to the story but yes, it does give an indication of time periods. Slippin' Jimmy was calling himself Saul in the flashbacks in the first series but, yes, I know what you mean.

I'm far more interested in original story than seeing 'these things must have happened in the run up to breaking bad'.

I get you, Im reasonably entertained with the current plot points, but I feel if this is a five season show as intended that ultimately the final season needs to feature a time shift and we see Saul post BB working at cinnabon and all the issues laying low a character like his would have to deal with.
If were thinking that current events are a year or two away from the start of BB, then maybe that is what Vince is intending to do but I guess we shall see.

Permabanned

I'm the opposite. I find myself sometimes skipping for scenes from the realm of BB. I find the lawyer stuff quite stale and doesn't interest me much bar the court room drama.

And Chuck is such a nob.

Soldato
I would be surprised if Tuco comes back to be honest. Remember reading a great interview with him where he was saying he has a hard time playing that character as hes so dialled up to 11 all the time and he was glad BB killed him off.

I think he asked VG if he could finished the character off. He said playing him was putting his mental health and relationships at risk. It must take a lot to play a character that's so ****ed up.

Tbh the guy playing Hector can't be far off.

Permabanned
I think he asked VG if he could finished the character off. He said playing him was putting his mental health and relationships at risk. It must take a lot to play a character that's so ****ed up.

Tbh the guy playing Hector can't be far off.

Thats it. Yeah, Hector cannot be far behind him at this point either!

Caporegime
I get you, Im reasonably entertained with the current plot points, but I feel if this is a five season show as intended that ultimately the final season needs to feature a time shift and we see Saul post BB working at cinnabon and all the issues laying low a character like his would have to deal with.
If were thinking that current events are a year or two away from the start of BB, then maybe that is what Vince is intending to do but I guess we shall see.

that could be interesting a post-BB final season perhaps leaving us with Jimmy/Saul having some opening to potentially getting back on track..

Back
Top Bottom