US: Better Call Saul

Soldato
Anyone who has had the sheer misfortune of tasting Miracle Whip in the States will recognise just how tragic Kim's new life actually is.
Maybe the Miracle Whip (a choice reluctantly accepted in my opinion) is supposed to be symbolic, e.g. meant to hint that everything in Kim's life is a weak substitute for things she had in Albuquerque. The man she is with seems dull, and they exchange few meaningful words. Her job is ordinary, and the people who work there are too. She too, is becoming dull? Her life now seems safe and predictable, she accepts it as she fears hurting more people.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe the Miracle Whip (a choice reluctantly accepted in my opinion) was a metaphor, meant to hint that everything in Kim's life is a weak substitute for things she had in Albuquerque. The man she is with seems dull, and they exchange few meaningful words. Her job is ordinary, and the people who work there are too. She too, is becoming dull? Her life now seems safe and predictable, she accepts it as she fears hurting more people.
Her life is the complete opposite of what she had with Jimmy, I think its pretty clear it was a conscious decision, same with her never seemingly making a choice - right up until she goes to see Rebecca to purge herself of her past.

Soldato
Got to say this episode was a slog for me
Yeah, a bit the same for me. Very slow. I get that they are now trying to wrap stories up etc, but we're heading back to the first couple of seasons pace, when I found it to not be all that great a show. I'm probably just not as invested in the story as most in this thread though.

Commissario
Did anyone actually seriously expect Jimmy/Saul/Gene to come out of the this unscathed? It was very clear right from Breaking Bad days that he's only in this for one person and that's himself. He's even more of an anti-hero than Walter White.

I didn't enjoy the slowness of the Chuck storyline at the start but apart from that, this show has been superb.

Associate
Did anyone actually seriously expect Jimmy/Saul/Gene to come out of the this unscathed? It was very clear right from Breaking Bad days that he's only in this for one person and that's himself. He's even more of an anti-hero than Walter White.

I didn't enjoy the slowness of the Chuck storyline at the start but apart from that, this show has been superb.
Always had a theory that he wouldn't be able to keep up with the Gene persona and go back to being Saul/Slippin' jimmy. Really makes you think how far Walt and Jesse would have got without the help of Saul.

I am glad we got a some-what resolution for Kim but she deserves better.

Associate
Does she? She's been just as complicit as Jimmy in everything they've done.
Yeah, I do believe that if Jimmy didn't keep adding fuel to the fire and getting involved in things that didn't concern him everything would have been fine, granted she was an accessory and hid Howards murder but she wouldn't of been in that situation without Jimmy/Saul actions.

Soldato
Yeah, I do believe that if Jimmy didn't keep adding fuel to the fire and getting involved in things that didn't concern him everything would have been fine, granted she was an accessory and hid Howards murder but she wouldn't of been in that situation without Jimmy/Saul actions.

I disagree, she was the one who pushed Jimmy / Saul to go after Howard and she was skipping meetings to go do schemes etc, Jimmy wasn't pushing her so much as she enticed him to go deeper down the rabbit hole.

Soldato
She has perspective on what's happened, and obviously it's been weighing on her mind (she randomly breaks down on a bus). She knows she is guilty, seems to want to expose the truth now. Jimmy has apparently lost this and become completely single minded.

Soldato
298198705_1379136079241176_888918973320702702_n.jpg

Associate
Well thats it then.

A fitting ending, but still think it should have ended with Howards death , Kim leaving etc.

I know Bcs does everything longer & slower, but the 2nd half of this season feels like a final epsiode dragged out to 6.

Soldato
Yeah, was okay I guess.

For me to check I understand what happened, Jimmy cleared his conscience and got Kim off anything by changing his confession. Surely Kim had already admitted to parts and would open to the civil case still?

Back
Top Bottom