• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG 8800 GTX/GTS arriving at OcUK soon and some images for you all!!

Associate
Dutch Guy said:
Looks like the UK prices are a bit higher than EU prices, I can pre-order a MSI 8800GTX for €557.63 incl VAT (£373) and a MSI 8800GTS for €428.19 (£287)

But no word on how much they will receive.

Both are at smashing prices there...but I wonder how long it will take to get it over to the UK- probably the company which sells it may not get as many.

Soldato
ChrisJSY said:
What? £373 INCLUDING VAT?
Can't be right :|
It is mentioned on 3 different sites, all pre-order of course but it does not look like a typo.

8800gtxrz3.jpg

8800gtsaf1.jpg

Soldato
“For anybody that wants to know my 7600GT is oced to 666/780 and can run oblivion at absolute max settings on 1280x1024 with good framerates. Most people would be very happy with that..”
Try playing a new and demanding game like NWN 2 there is no way your current setup would play that on max. I am tempted to get one of these new cards just to play NWN 2 on max.

Soldato
”Since when was Oblivion not "new" or "demanding"?”
Unless I got my realise dates wrong Oblivion is over 8 months old so its not new. Also compared to new games like NWN 2 its not demanding. I can play Oblivion fine but my system struggles with some new games.

Soldato
Pottsey said:
”Since when was Oblivion not "new" or "demanding"?”
Unless I got my realise dates wrong Oblivion is over 8 months old so its not new. Also compared to new games like NWN 2 its not demanding. I can play Oblivion fine but my system struggles with some new games.
UTFQB!

Soldato
Pottsey said:
How many decent and/or demanding games have come out in those eight months? By your logic, hardware websites shouldn't use games like Half Life 2, F.E.A.R., Battlefield 2, etc. for benchmarking because they're "old" and "undemanding."

Fact: Oblivion is still a new game, it's also still one of the most demanding games out.

naffa said:
What on earth does that mean? :confused:

Associate
I agree Oblivion is a rather demanding game still ,be it 8 months old or not. When its cranked up to MAX ,it certainly brings a lot of v-cards out there down to their knees.

Associate
Since this thread has gone so far off topic I have to ask...

How do you put "Originally Posted by ####" above the actual quote? :confused: :D

Soldato
“By your logic, hardware websites shouldn't use games like Half Life 2, F.E.A.R., Battlefield 2, etc. for benchmarking because they're "old" and
No that’s not my logic. My Logic is Oblivion is neither new or the most demanding game out there so you might need the new card for other games then Oblivion. You cannot look at a 8+ month old game and say my card runs that ok so no one needs a new card.

It’s stupid not to benchmark old games, you should use a mix of games for benchmarking.

"undemanding."
Fact: Oblivion is still a new game, it's also still one of the most demanding games out.”

I never said Oblivion is undemanding all I said is it’s not the most demanding games out there and if you have a more demanding game you might need this new 3dcard.

But I am not going argue about new or not as we all have different definitions of new. To me games that are 3+months old are not new. Oblivion is neither new or old its in-between at 8 months to me.

”UTFQB!”
I stopped a month or two ago as a test and people complained they missed my posting style. So learn to tolerate my posts and style of quoting as I am not going stop until a MOD tells me to. If my posts bother you that much skip them or if its possible put me on ignore.

Last edited:

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Pottsey said:
”UTFQB!”
I stopped a month or two ago as a test and people complained they missed my posting style. So learn to tolerate my posts and style of quoting as I am not going stop until a MOD tells me to. If my posts bother you that much skip them or if its possible put me on ignore.

I think it's quite cool also. :D

We have people telling everyone to buy G80 while others are telling people to not go there. Now we have people telling you how to quote :D . Sheeesh will it ever end? :p. :rolleyes: (sarcasm)

Back
Top Bottom