Biennial MOT tests

Not the sort of condition one wants their front subframe to be in, considering what's bolted on to it..

L1YzE2M.jpg

1oRIIJw.jpg

The car was owned by a young girl who came in with her grandparents and had just recently passed her test.
I stopped the MOT at this point (no point in charging the MOT fee and continuing) due to how serious it was and the costs involved and explained the problem to them, only to be met with floods (and I mean a tsunami) of tears from the owner :(
We priced it up with parts from our suppliers, and it's unsurprisingly an uneconomical repair.
I can't comment on the owners private life, but after speaking to the grandparents. that car is her life and she'd found her independence owning it.
I've had a nose around and found the subframe a lot cheaper, and will speak to my boss (long time friend) and see if there's anything we can do to get it through the MOT a lot lot cheaper for her.
I usually couldn't give a rats ass about failing a car, but that one hurt a bit as she was so upset.
That looks like it's had a hole in it for more than a year:eek:.

Not the sort of condition one wants their front subframe to be in, considering what's bolted on to it..

L1YzE2M.jpg

1oRIIJw.jpg

The car was owned by a young girl who came in with her grandparents and had just recently passed her test.
I stopped the MOT at this point (no point in charging the MOT fee and continuing) due to how serious it was and the costs involved and explained the problem to them, only to be met with floods (and I mean a tsunami) of tears from the owner :(
We priced it up with parts from our suppliers, and it's unsurprisingly an uneconomical repair.
I can't comment on the owners private life, but after speaking to the grandparents. that car is her life and she'd found her independence owning it.
I've had a nose around and found the subframe a lot cheaper, and will speak to my boss (long time friend) and see if there's anything we can do to get it through the MOT a lot lot cheaper for her.
I usually couldn't give a rats ass about failing a car, but that one hurt a bit as she was so upset.
whilst that is very kind of you , and not knocking you for it at all....... some women do pull that stunt all the time (I am friends with a few). they do it at work as well and it works almost every time. kind of sucks for young lads who won't burst into tears but at the same time will be just as gutted to have their car written off.

Back
Top Bottom