Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been to buyabike and I looked a few HT MTB for £400, then they showed me the Giant XTC LX 06, its a nice looking bike and I had a ride on it, He said I could have it for £450, Its going for £625 on there web site.

I said I wouldnt get much for my old bike so im going to sell it on ebay.

XTC LX

XTC%20LX.JPG

zenith10 said:
thinking of getting the saracen mantra is it any good, wont be using it for jumps or anything just for commuting
To be bluntly harsh, I'd never touch anything made by Saracen, unless it was really good. Something like a Claud Butler Rock is a much better deal. (how much do you have to spend?). Also seems to have 24" wheels...

Last edited:
Phnom_Penh said:
To be bluntly harsh, I'd never touch anything made by Saracen, unless it was really good. Something like a Claud Butler Rock is a much better deal. (how much do you have to spend?). Also seems to have 24" wheels...
i was going to get it for 220 brand new

Went out to glasgow today and went to the good bike shops :eek:

Some very good deals on some things. Giant faith one £2500 down to £2000,all top spec.Diabolous cranks,mavic 729's,66rc's, 4way shock,xt gearing hfx9's etc etc.

I was tempted to get that or a king fisher for £1800 or 1500 that thing was also very nice. :( NEED money. :mad:

Built a few mantras at work. Cheap forks where the bushings wear out after <6months,quite heavy,just generally cheap. For commuting i'd get an XC style frame,even if it was to be a carrera ;) . was riding my brother kraken frame with RS duke xc uturns,full Xt/xtr kit around today and it was soo easy to get up hills(left my mate and his juniors pushing up).Get some 1.95" tyres aswell or some less nobly 2.1" to cut down on the resistance.Even go with decent vbrakes over cheap disks as they will be just as powerful but cheaper(generally).

Last edited:
Jonny ///M said:
(left my mate and his juniors pushing up).

Get some 1.95" tyres aswell or some less nobly 2.1" to cut down on the resistance.
lol I wonder why, going up hills on tcs isn't easy.

I'd say go for slicks/semi-slicks for commuting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom